Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Santander to uk ferry

Get a pair of 'Sea Bands' for each of you - it can be a rough crossing. Take some binoculars of you have them - we saw whales.

There is sometimes a lady doing face painting for free on this crossing, which my kids loved. If you are a member of BF club (voyager, maybe?) you get 10 euros each for breakfast so you can stock up on pastries and bottles of orange juice (if you don’t have a huge breakfast!). I have rarely seen the swimming pool in action, but you can borrow towels so don’t need to take your own. If you buy Orangina in the bar, you sometimes get a free bag of sweets. The whale watching is good fun for half an hour. The cinema annoys me because you have to queue for tickets ahead of each show instead of booking them when you come aboard, like the French crossings, but kills a couple of hours! Have a great crossing

Thank you all for your great advice!! Kids are so excited. We’ve been away for a month and the whole time they’ve kept asking how many more sleeps until the ferry!! I hope it meets their expectations!! Happy holidays!!

How would Brexit make it cheaper?
Liz Truss said all the ferries being requisitioned for No Deal emergency food/medicine supply will be repurposed on the 2nd Nov (1 day should be enough for all trade to normalise) to convoy retired Telegraph/Mail subscribers to the sun at discount rates as long as they have their international driving permits.

Pillows ! I left mine in the van and wasn’t allowed back on to the car deck to get them.
Although I must say, it was one of the best sleeps I’ve had. (Used my rucksack as a pillow) 15 hours straight through. Amazing.

Pillows ! I left mine in the van and wasn’t allowed back on to the car deck to get them.
Although I must say, it was one of the best sleeps I’ve had. (Used my rucksack as a pillow) 15 hours straight through. Amazing.
Wow!! Had not thought of that!!! Kids packed and so excited!! We may look like we are staying for a week!!!

Wow!! Had not thought of that!!! Kids packed and so excited!! We may look like we are staying for a week!!!
You should not need a pillow if you have booked a cabin. Take a look at the web site for what you get.

You should not need a pillow if you have booked a cabin. Take a look at the web site for what you get.
I may have received a lower class cabin then. They didn’t have pillows in them, just beds.
Central on the pont avon, no windows. It had a great en suit though.
Total darkness and a rumble from the engines was perfect for my well needed sleep after driving through Spain the day before.

Sorry to Hijack this thread......We're doing the same trip, on the èconomie (2 adults 2 children) next week, Portsmouth to Santander.

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in the Portsmouth vicinity please? premier inn/ travelodge kind of thing is what we're after & would like somewhere with secure(ish) parking.....

I may have received a lower class cabin then. They didn’t have pillows in them, just beds.
Central on the pont avon, no windows. It had a great en suit though.
Total darkness and a rumble from the engines was perfect for my well needed sleep after driving through Spain the day before.
Think that was an error then, all the cheapo cabins we have used have bedding.

Sorry to Hijack this thread......We're doing the same trip, on the èconomie (2 adults 2 children) next week, Portsmouth to Santander.

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in the Portsmouth vicinity please? premier inn/ travelodge kind of thing is what we're after & would like somewhere with secure(ish) parking.....

You can park up at the ferry port if you arrive after 10pm. If you don't fancy that there is a Premier Inn at the Hayling Island turn off on the A27 which is about a ten minute drive to ferry terminal

When we went from Poole we slept at the port, they often have provision to park up and sleep. You know when its time to board!!

There’s a Premier Inn and a few hotels at Port Solent which is 5 mins drive away. Lots of car parking space and bars and restaurants. Very safe even for wild camping. Further down by Sunsail hq is quieter.

Get ready to wash your van as soon as you get off the ferry. On the Economie you will likely be parked as open deck cargo so gets covered in salt spray. Last time we sued it our blue van ended up white :mad:

Good supply of sea sick pills
That crossing sucks! And overpriced in uk
Buy tickets from a french address and pay 30% less
Roll on brexit !!!
I tried this. Both through a work colleague that lives in Rouen and myself via a VPN. Prices were the same as in the UK

Anyone travelling on BF is welcome to use my Club Voyage Membership as a 'Guest of a Member' to get a 10% discount.
Online simply select Club voyage option to complete.
Grant F93981
That’s an extremely nice offer... is there a limit to how many people use it? We used to use a friends guest membership up until last year then they stopped their subscription....

That’s an extremely nice offer... is there a limit to how many people use it? We used to use a friends guest membership up until last year then they stopped their subscription....
No limit. Applies to any crossing.

Back