Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken glass worktop

AndrewBye

AndrewBye

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi guys mange to totally shatter the glass cover for the sink and hob after 2 weeks relaxing in France! Be on back order and not even available in Germany. Any ideas on replacement contacted a couple of breakers who don’t split the kitchen as would de value. If can’t get a replacement has anyone ever made a temporary cover as we are going away again shortly and don’t really want to travel with it open. Apologies if already on forum but I couldn’t find anything related. Any help appreciated

Great can’t see it on the site. Do you know a price and how long for delivery. Thanks

Might not be the place to post this question but I read recently a post by someone who had been in a collision.. apparently not their fault, and a fair bit of damage after a side - on hit. The author posted that their fridge /hob/ sink glass cover ‘exploded’ and though no one in the front seats were injured they were concerned as to injury had there been passengers in the rear. Is this glass standard safety and if so what happened ?

Might not be the place to post this question but I read recently a post by someone who had been in a collision.. apparently not their fault, and a fair bit of damage after a side - on hit. The author posted that their fridge /hob/ sink glass cover ‘exploded’ and though no one in the front seats were injured they were concerned as to injury had there been passengers in the rear. Is this glass standard safety and if so what happened ?

Some reading material to understand modern glass - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempered_glass.

In short, the reason why glass shatters into small granules is to prevent injury. Nothing would have happened because of the glass had there been passengers in the rear.

Don't worry, its a type of safety glass.
Better than having shards flying around although
laminated might have been better but probably comes
down to weight.

Don't worry, its a type of safety glass.
Better than having shards flying around although
laminated might have been better but probably comes
down to weight.
Thanks, I guess we’ve all see those shattered bus shelters. My concern was our dog who is tethered in the back as we travel.

Some reading material to understand modern glass - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempered_glass.

In short, the reason why glass shatters into small granules is to prevent injury. Nothing would have happened because of the glass had there been passengers in the rear.
Useful link and I’ve seen those shattered bus shelters too. Our dog travels tethered in the rear so that was our concern.

Thanks, I guess we’ve all see those shattered bus shelters. My concern was our dog who is tethered in the back as we travel.
You could buy one of those covers which people have
dressed up their glass with.
A guy sells them on here, think its - A G all spice
or something, have a search for worktop protection :thumb

Useful link and I’ve seen those shattered bus shelters too. Our dog travels tethered in the rear so that was our concern.
Not to worry, he will be fine. The small granules of glass do no harm. They are literally weightless.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back