Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

broken hob ignition

C

Cavilln

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find in a search.

my red ignition button has failed - it has lost its 'spring' i.e. it just pushes in and out. I am hoping something has come unstuck (it had a slightly different problem before that a clever forum member fixed by showing me how to reconnect a wire, but this is different)

any ideas?

thanks

nick
Cali 2006 (i.e. pre-facelift)

Hi Nick,

I've moved this to the kitchen equipment section that deals with technical issues so you may have more of a response.

Sadly I can't help you. When my pizza igniter failed on my previous Cali I used a manual spark gas igniter that I picked up on Amazon I think for about a fiver. . Brilliant piece of kit, never fails :D

Check the wireing underneeth and/clean the ignition.
If non helps , maybe it's broken and needs change.

sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find in a search.

my red ignition button has failed - it has lost its 'spring' i.e. it just pushes in and out. I am hoping something has come unstuck (it had a slightly different problem before that a clever forum member fixed by showing me how to reconnect a wire, but this is different)

any ideas?

thanks

nick
Cali 2006 (i.e. pre-facelift)
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl.../068/subcategory/68010/part_id/3707325/lang/e

Part 10.

Probably the spring has broken. Doubt if it can be repaired.

Thanks all. In fact WelshGas I may have led you astray - it does spring in and out, but does not make the click to light the spark. do you still think it is unlikely to be repairable? thanks as always

Thanks all. In fact WelshGas I may have led you astray - it does spring in and out, but does not make the click to light the spark. do you still think it is unlikely to be repairable? thanks as always
You could try, but more than likely if it doesn't click it will have to be replaced. Worth having a look.
Let us know what happens.:thumb