Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken in side window - easy pushed in by burglars

Confirmed by the dealer = Safelock means deadlocking (so that's what the Alarm option brings on the new vehicles, both the noise and the deadlocking)

But that doesn't help you with an existing vehicle, keep googling...
Thanks for the confirmation, if I had known that I would have paid CHF 300.- for this option. Good to know for future vans.

Would it have prevented your problem now?
The alarm would have sounded when the window was pushed in, they might have left then. They wouldn't have been able to open the door and would have had to wriggle through the window and exit same way.

The alarm would have sounded when the window was pushed in, they might have left then. They wouldn't have been able to open the door and would have had to wriggle through the window and exit same way.
True true, very small window... I'm going to have a look at the dealer's now

Certainly cameras have their uses, but that's off-topic, this thread was about security / theft
That’s exactly what we are talking about. A dashcam is supposed to be a security measure. Along with alarms, Rottweiler and baseball bat.. It’s your choice which one you take or none of them. I personally have a combination of All 3.

That’s exactly what we are talking about. A dashcam is supposed to be a security measure. Along with alarms, Rottweiler and baseball bat.. It’s your choice which one you take or none of them. I personally have a combination of All 3.
I have no alarm, 2 cats, and a ping pong set :confused:

But seriously, one step back, thread is about the OP having a problem where the rear window was broken and the door unlocked easily. Respectively, think we've mixed this up.

Some replies were focused on having an alarm, which would have possibly made no difference, we look at deadlocks, which would have stopped the door being opened, maybe the thieves would have just smashed the front window at that point, or maybe not, we don't know.

But what's really effective? Via either preventing or detecting issues, and what actually helps the OP now? (and also from a selfish point of view whether I should now go back and change my own order to add the alarm).

Generally there are different views on what is really effective, not right or wrong, just different, personally I think thicker security windows and an immobiliser is my own choice as both are preventative security methods.

For dashcams I'm of the opinion this won't make a difference, smash and grab still happens, van still gets stolen, it's all about reducing the risk by slowing the theives down. Maybe making them think twice, but again we don't really know.

In my neighborhood there is one guy with a big American truck, a Dodge Ram I think, with a huge sign saying "CAMERA IN OPERATION", every time I pass I wonder why have this sign? There are plenty of flash cars around, including 2 brand new 911s on the opposite side of the road, no signs... But that guy screams out "look at me!" and I find it odd.

The Tesco carpark parking bump is a valid benefit of the dashcam, but it's different to the OP's problem. That's all I'm trying to separate out: what is the problem we are trying to solve, and does this method actually solve that problem?

Not meaning to argue with you or have anything personal, just healthly challenging our own views, it is a discusion board after all, and I try follow the idea that we have 2 ears but only 1 mouth for a reason, I'm genuinely interested in the different views so we can all support each other.

All said, it's helped me (sorry OP!) as I just called the dealer and will add the alarm to my order. It won't delay the build, I am told.

@SBswiss I have to visit the dealer tomorrow to sign a new contract, I'll do my best to fish out aftermarket options for you

I have no alarm, 2 cats, and a ping pong set :confused:

But seriously, one step back, thread is about the OP having a problem where the rear window was broken and the door unlocked easily. Respectively, think we've mixed this up.

Some replies were focused on having an alarm, which would have possibly made no difference, we look at deadlocks, which would have stopped the door being opened, maybe the thieves would have just smashed the front window at that point, or maybe not, we don't know.

But what's really effective? Via either preventing or detecting issues, and what actually helps the OP now? (and also from a selfish point of view whether I should now go back and change my own order to add the alarm).

Generally there are different views on what is really effective, not right or wrong, just different, personally I think thicker security windows and an immobiliser is my own choice as both are preventative security methods.

For dashcams I'm of the opinion this won't make a difference, smash and grab still happens, van still gets stolen, it's all about reducing the risk by slowing the theives down. Maybe making them think twice, but again we don't really know.

In my neighborhood there is one guy with a big American truck, a Dodge Ram I think, with a huge sign saying "CAMERA IN OPERATION", every time I pass I wonder why have this sign? There are plenty of flash cars around, including 2 brand new 911s on the opposite side of the road, no signs... But that guy screams out "look at me!" and I find it odd.

The Tesco carpark parking bump is a valid benefit of the dashcam, but it's different to the OP's problem. That's all I'm trying to separate out: what is the problem we are trying to solve, and does this method actually solve that problem?

Not meaning to argue with you or have anything personal, just healthly challenging our own views, it is a discusion board after all, and I try follow the idea that we have 2 ears but only 1 mouth for a reason, I'm genuinely interested in the different views so we can all support each other.

All said, it's helped me (sorry OP!) as I just called the dealer and will add the alarm to my order. It won't delay the build, I am told.

@SBswiss I have to visit the dealer tomorrow to sign a new contract, I'll do my best to fish out aftermarket options for you
@SBswiss I asked the dealer, they said it's possible to add deadlocks (think we knew that) and not as cheap as when adding to a new car (think we knew that too).

My tip, give AMAG or similar a call, get a quote, and decide if it's worth it to you.

Hope this didn't spoil your hols too much.

@SBswiss I asked the dealer, they said it's possible to add deadlocks (think we knew that) and not as cheap as when adding to a new car (think we knew that too).

My tip, give AMAG or similar a call, get a quote, and decide if it's worth it to you.

Hope this didn't spoil your hols too much.
Thanks a lot! I’ll give them a call this week.

Hi, I just found a solution to this problem I I though it would be good to share it.

On my T6 Beach I found out that turning the Kids security blocks the lock so it becomes impossible to open the sliding door from the window. Logical... but I never saw that little switch!
I'll switch it when parked in unsafe spots.

IMG_2922.jpg

Back