Broken plastic lug on mechanism

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Anyone know where to get one of these and is it important. It clips around the scissor at the end. I'm thinking my roof moves about a bit disturbing that small piece of helicopter tape as in the pic. I have to keep renewing that. Then I noticed this broken bit. I've just taped it on for now as I can't find the other half of it.

IMG_20200717_154259.jpg

IMG_20200717_153849.jpg

IMG_20200717_154114.jpg

IMG_20200717_154123.jpg

mines a couple of millimetres higher on right must have a check on manual roof coast .

Weirdly enough, I was looking at this yesterday.
With your roof up, look up under the edge fold of the roof and you will see like a grey hook. I’m thinking this grey hook slips behind the black lug you’ve got hold of there and helps keeps the roof down when lowered. A bit like a safety mechanism. The black bit is to stop it rubbing on the bottom of the arm

Weirdly enough, I was looking at this yesterday.
With your roof up, look up under the edge fold of the roof and you will see like a grey hook. I’m thinking this grey hook slips behind the black lug you’ve got hold of there and helps keeps the roof down when lowered. A bit like a safety mechanism. The black bit is to stop it rubbing on the bottom of the arm
Yes I did notice that hook. Thought it was some sort of stopper for the slider. Cheers for that pic welshgas. Looks like a trip to vw when I can be arsed. I can show the parts guy that pic now. Nice one. Wonder why it broke?

@flying banana , how far are you on this ?
Taken a picture today of how it should look like in place.
IMG_2853.JPGIMG_2855.JPG

Here we go. Ordered the bits from vw. And the missing bumper stops. VW posted out to me. Total bill £5.11. Heres the parts. Although those bump stops arent exactly tight in the hole. No wonder they come out. I ordered spares.

20200917_132924.jpg

Back