Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken wing mirror

Yes unbelievably !!
That’s pretty good I was quoted £92 just to supply the top bit sprayed from The garage in Aberdeen. So I’d definitely get your garage to do it.

However for future reference if you slide a wide trim tool in behind the top of the mirror it’ll pop off fairly easily and then there are two wires for the heating element that disconnect easily. Once the Mirror is off you’ll see the two screw heads you were looking for Tx10 if I remember correctly. After that removing the top and bottom bits is fairly easy but the clips are notoriously fragile so another good reason to let the garage do it.

That’s pretty good I was quoted £92 just to supply the top bit sprayed from The garage in Aberdeen. So I’d definitely get your garage to do it.

However for future reference if you slide a wide trim tool in behind the top of the mirror it’ll pop off fairly easily and then there are two wires for the heating element that disconnect easily. Once the Mirror is off you’ll see the two screw heads you were looking for Tx10 if I remember correctly. After that removing the top and bottom bits is fairly easy but the clips are notoriously fragile so another good reason to let the garage do it.

Great advice - thanks.

Quote from VW Basingstoke this morning £128 inc VAT.

Not as bad as I expected, this is is to replace top and bottom sections as everything else is fine.

Can do it while I wait on Wednesday.
I’ve just had a quote from Birmingham Van Centre for £295 to do the same.

Sounds excessive now.