Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken wire hanging down underneath.

Toby of Duky.

Toby of Duky.

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I’ve had a search and found nothing to compare with.
3 week old Ocean 150ps.
Underneath the near side rear of the van, just in front of the rear wheel about 8 inches inboard I’ve found a snapped wire. It’s a two core brown and yellow. Any idea what it is for? So I can let the dealer know what it is before I call them.
Photos attached.
Thank you

E5AC14E1-4CF5-4AE8-BA2E-632B13943160.jpeg

E09A8232-C4DA-4323-9063-73296EC9C89B.jpeg

9DD5E9AD-E7FF-4352-BA05-D7AD6EDD66CF.jpeg

906FC6BC-C984-467A-8100-3C4FB07253A3.jpeg

I’ve had a search and found nothing to compare with.
3 week old Ocean 150ps.
Underneath the near side rear of the van, just in front of the rear wheel about 8 inches inboard I’ve found a snapped wire. It’s a two core brown and yellow. Any idea what it is for? So I can let the dealer know what it is before I call them.
Photos attached.
Thank you

View attachment 103457

View attachment 103458

View attachment 103459

View attachment 103460
Does the Camping Control Panel show the External Ambient Temperature?

Just checked the manual, should have done that before replying, sorry.
So it is where the temperature should be displayed….!
Can I leave the broken wire until it’s first service or is this temp linked to the heater, fridge or anything else?
Thank you.

Just checked the manual, should have done that before replying, sorry.
So it is where the temperature should be displayed….!
Can I leave the broken wire until it’s first service or is this temp linked to the heater, fridge or anything else?
Thank you.
I don’t believe so. It’s just a Display of the outside temperature for your convenience.

Given the van is only 3 weeks old, I would be inclined to take it straight back to the dealer. That should have been discovered on the PDI and fixed before you took delivery.

Alan

Check the wiring diagram, colours listed by the OP should make it easily ID-able. Brown is earth so I’ve done 50% already.

Given the van is only 3 weeks old, I would be inclined to take it straight back to the dealer. That should have been discovered on the PDI and fixed before you took delivery.

Alan

Thanks Alan.

Check the wiring diagram, colours listed by the OP should make it easily ID-able. Brown is earth so I’ve done 50% already.
Where would I find the wiring diagram sidepod?
A link would be good. Is there a diagram available for the cable in question? Part number too.
Thank you

Well before spending time trawling through all of that, have you crawled under the van to take a look?

From the photo it looks like it’s hanging down around the rear wheel centreline? There looks like sufficient length to reach the rear bumper area so you may be able to see where the other end should be/evidence of a similar broken wire/harness.

Drive the van up onto a high curb for extra room.

I guess there is nothing on the dashboard warning of a fault? It could possibly be a brake pad wear indicator loom?

Well before spending time trawling through all of that, have you crawled under the van to take a look?

From the photo it looks like it’s hanging down around the rear wheel centreline? There looks like sufficient length to reach the rear bumper area so you may be able to see where the other end should be/evidence of a similar broken wire/harness.

Drive the van up onto a high curb for extra room.
If it is for the Control Panel Ambient Temperature reading then the actual sensor is on the N/S between front and rear wheel aroundabout where the Waste Tank drain is located.

Ah I missed the bit about temperature sensor! Doh.

Looks correct. Brown/yellow
277E1504-5137-4373-87DC-07AF1247D683.jpeg

I was waiting to reply and finalise this thread with what VW did to my van to fix the issue. Unfortunately the parts required are on back order…….
I have 3 parts on back order at the moment, not an issue as I can still use the van.

*Temperature cable loom - looks like it was trapped between two other parts and became severed.
*Complete shower unit - shower cycled between on and off without switch being used.
*kitchen door - screws to hold brackets were protruding into door finish causing bumps to finish.

loving it so far

Back