Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bulb Gone

nickdrums

nickdrums

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,

My “ bulb gone” warning light is showing, and it seems to be the driver side bulb shown lit on the passenger side in the attached photo. Any clue on what that one is called and how to change it? I’ve had a look at my manual and it was most unhelpful!

Cheers, Nick.

D9E3B6ED-F14F-45E2-82B6-A0FE63BA870C.jpeg

Hi all,

My “ bulb gone” warning light is showing, and it seems to be the driver side bulb shown lit on the passenger side in the attached photo. Any clue on what that one is called and how to change it? I’ve had a look at my manual and it was most unhelpful!

Cheers, Nick.

View attachment 64233

Hi Nick .

I’m guessing they are not the LED highlights?

Surely it gives the bulb type in the manual?

Mike

Last edited:
Isn't it just a simple, single bulb 12V/21W with bajonet? BA15S
1597004721358.png

To change it, you might have to take out the air filter housing completely, or pain your hands trying to fiddle between the headlight and air filter housing.

No not LED. The manual does obviously describe the lights, but you sort of need to know what that one is called. Is it the running light? It’s the one right at the bottom of the cluster.

No not LED. The manual does obviously describe the lights, but you sort of need to know what that one is called. Is it the running light? It’s the one right at the bottom of the cluster.
If it comes on automatically when the engine starts, then Yes, Running light or DRL (Daylight Running Light).

Almost - the warning light doesn’t come on immediately. I think those lights come on when you first turn the steering wheel?

Almost - the warning light doesn’t come on immediately. I think those lights come on when you first turn the steering wheel?
Most DRLs come on with ignition. The Dash warning light will be slightly delayed as the vehicle checks all the circuits.

Back