Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bunting

CaliforniaVix

CaliforniaVix

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi everyone. I’m about to make some bunting for the Cali (T6.1) and I just wondered how others have attached it.

Hoping to get the size right so it isn’t too big and gets annoying, and also hoping to get the placement right so it doesn’t get in the way.

I was thinking of putting it around the area of ‘ceiling’ under the pop-top bed, which raises up, but don’t want to get in the way of the overhead cupboard above the rear bench.

Also.. how to attach it?

Any thoughts and tips greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little self adhesive command hooks - found we need 2 at either end to hold it up. Ours is over the sliding door, it’s only 6cm long so never gets in the way (from campervan carpets) :)

a450311c020e4b1566132e0e36d896fa.jpg

I am sure I have seen YT vids and other posts where people have used 3M command sticky hooks. Would that work?
I’m struggling to find any you tube videos regarding decorating the inside of the van, apart from the one on campervan time.

I’m struggling to find any you tube videos regarding decorating the inside of the van, apart from the one on campervan time.

So… where I was going wrong was searching on YouTube. I searched google and found a bus and beyond!

We have been ours secured with the command hooks as suggested above.

IMG_1913.jpeg

My wife has just made this bunting which is made from a 5 inch square of fabric folded and then stitched…it appears to me to be a really clever way of making bunting (not that I would know as my sewing experience is limited to watching the Sewing Bee). Would love to show you how we attached them in the Cali but we are still waiting for the van (stuck at the port since August 17th !!!)

a446bf41-58b0-4908-8c5b-7769de941c7b.jpeg

My wife is making some bunting for the interior this week, but she’s already made some for outside. We bought some assorted ’fat square’ off cuts from a local fabric shop and she sewed them onto a length of 1” fabric tape. She threaded a length of old washing line through the tape and it’s the perfect size/shape to slide into the awning rail.

IMG_2670.jpeg

My wife is making some bunting for the interior this week, but she’s already made some for outside. We bought some assorted ’fat square’ off cuts from a local fabric shop and she sewed them onto a length of 1” fabric tape. She threaded a length of old washing line through the tape and it’s the perfect size/shape to slide into the awning rail.

View attachment 113871

That’s such a cool idea!

My wife has just made this bunting which is made from a 5 inch square of fabric folded and then stitched…it appears to me to be a really clever way of making bunting (not that I would know as my sewing experience is limited to watching the Sewing Bee). Would love to show you how we attached them in the Cali but we are still waiting for the van (stuck at the port since August 17th !!!)

View attachment 113866

That looks amazing. Sorry to hear about your van… fingers crossed it gets to you quickly!

We have Command hooks for some led lighting and leafy stuff as a garland - left over from using the van at our daughters wedding. The interior trim is quite unfriendly to Command strips, which is good if you don’t want stuff to stick/ mark it, so you need to follow the instructions, but allow extra curing time before attaching anything. We wasted quite a few strips before they stuck properly.

We have Command hooks for some led lighting and leafy stuff as a garland - left over from using the van at our daughters wedding. The interior trim is quite unfriendly to Command strips, which is good if you don’t want stuff to stick/ mark it, so you need to follow the instructions, but allow extra curing time before attaching anything. We wasted quite a few strips before they stuck properly.

Top tip thank you!

I have now made my bunting! And seen little wire lights to it.

Question about command hooks - do I need to rub something on the plastic before I stick them, to remove and grease? And what should I use if so!

Depends if you have grease there or not. I don’t we did, but we still used alcohol wipes just in case. As mentioned before, the first couple of goes didn’t work too well, until we left the hook alone for 24 hours (not 60 minutes per the pack) so the glue cures. Then it worked. So to your question, I doubt the wipes made any difference!

We didn't and we've only had 1 fall off in however long they've been there. And its the one closest to the kids so they probably pulled on the bunting!

We ordered/bought this bunting at BusFest in September. Just got a text from the lady who makes it to say it’s done and will be posted on Monday (she’s been poorly).

1697962986134.jpeg

Last edited:
I have now made my bunting! And seen little wire lights to it.

Question about command hooks - do I need to rub something on the plastic before I stick them, to remove and grease? And what should I use if so!

Can we see a picture of the finished article…interested to see the bunting / light combo!

We ordered/bought this bunting at BusFest in September. Just got a text from the lady who makes it to say it’s done and will be posted on Monday (she’s been poorly).

View attachment 115729
Above bunting arrived today and looks great, haven’t put it in the van yet. Thought I’d share the details of who we purchased it from at BusFest:

IMG_0824.jpegIMG_0825.jpeg

Back