Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cable routing from leisure battery

D

dbradley55

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I am getting a new audio system from Absolut5. It is the Kenwood DNX9180DABS. I want the DVD to stay on for a full film and not switch off when my T5 decides to shut down to save the main battery. So I am having a switch fitted to enable me to use the leisure battery when parked up. Problem is - how to get a cable from the leisure battery (under the passenger seat) into the glove box where the switch will reside. Anyone done this and have any photos? I don’t really want to have to remove the B pillar and footwell insert but I can’t see an easy way of getting under the carpet either.

You could fish a wire under the carpet from the passenger seat to under the fuse box under the gear lever.
Do you have the 12v socket on top of the dash? as this is already fed from the leisure fuses.

PIctures on this thread of how I did it.

Bear in mind that wiring it to the leisure battery still won't mean it doesn't turn off after 20 minutes or so as this is controlled by the Canbus system. If you disconnect the canbus then the the MFS controls won't show on the screen.

Back