Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Radio - connect to leisure battery

Where are you based - or more importantly where is you auto electrician and what his name/details please.
Barnstaple, North Devon.
Company are called Motatec I believe, the owner is a right miserable git who could do with a good slap around the chops, but he knows his stuff!
Oops sorry, we've got our wires crossed, get it ? Wires cr......never mind. I was referring to the cost Freely paid his spark to add a simple switch..

I can't wait to get a T5/6. All these extra wires to play with..last time I looked at a Data Bus was back in the early 80's as an appo working on developing 2 core bus highway for weapons kit on subs. Back then each bus controller was about the size of a brief case!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

MMI is a different stereo unit than the RNS units.

Not sure if it's possible to change this via VCDS.
I am trying to do this with an Android headunit that I have just fitted it cuts out after 10 min I cannot find a setting in VCDS to adjust anything and think I will have to either to put a relay in to the cambus wiring in some way.

I am trying to do this with an Android headunit that I have just fitted it cuts out after 10 min I cannot find a setting in VCDS to adjust anything and think I will have to either to put a relay in to the cambus wiring in some way.
Yes thay seems to be the only way to do it. I've got a multi contact relsy stashed awsy somewhere waiting to do it. I'll wire into the ignition circuit so that when the ignition is off the canbus is disconnected.

Yes thay seems to be the only way to do it. I've got a multi contact relsy stashed awsy somewhere waiting to do it. I'll wire into the ignition circuit so that when the ignition is off the canbus is disconnected.
I'm glad its not just me I will get to the bottom of it and post a solution. its great to know there is a leisure battery supply up top of the dash so cabling wont be an issue. My android fake rns510 is great in every other respect all canbus functions are as the factory model.

I had to put a cable in to rhe front directvfrom the battery under the seat. No leisure battery feed to the front on ours.

After a whole day of investigation and removing the radio for the fifth time I now believe I need a Can bus signal emulator which I have ordered from flebay for £9 I will update when it arrives from China

I might ignore the ignition switch and just put a little switch in the top tray to trigger the signal

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 11