Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cable! Warning Message

ianp

ianp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hopefully someone can help. When the engine is off the control panel is showing the hook up cable is connected when it is unplugged. When the engine is running it shows to be charging as normal but there is the annoying Cable! Warning beep because it thinks the cable is plugged in.
Everything is working as normal on and off a hook up. There are no errors on the control panel diagnostic and a reset hasn’t cleared it.
Any suggestions?

888194628da337546d3ed5889b220b35.jpg

d11de7b9d3413664b6d29284f7ebee0b.jpg

70a6cafc26943716762039726202a6cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CP can see the cable is plugged in(as the charger sends a signal to the CP) but the charger is not charging, check the charger output fuse.

Loz - I think you've misread the OP, its showing as plugged in when the cable is disconnected.

Reactions: Loz
Switch the trip to off (green) in the rear cupboard.

You could try a hard reset by disconnecting the engine battery, leave for 5 minutes and reconnect.

You will not need to recode anything.

You could try a hard reset by disconnecting the engine battery, leave for 5 minutes and reconnect.

You will not need to recode anything.
I tried that when the control panel reset didn’t work and there was no change.

What happens when you plug the hook-up cable in?
Does it charge?

Then disconnect the output from the charger and see if the symbol goes (to test if the fault is in the charger or the CP)

Have you tried switching off the power switch in the rear and unplugging thinking out loud

What happens when you plug the hook-up cable in?
Does it charge?

Then disconnect the output from the charger and see if the symbol goes (to test if the fault is in the charger or the CP)
No change on the panel when the hook up is connected but the kitchen socket does work.
Charger output? Is that the 3-pin type connector on the charger? I did check to see if that was loose.

Have you actually plugged back in 220v and out again ? See what happens ...

No change on the panel when the hook up is connected but the kitchen socket does work.
Charger output? Is that the 3-pin type connector on the charger? I did check to see if that was loose.
no, not the mains input plug, the output cables.

Do you have access to a diagnostics tool? Might be worth seeing if the computer is showing any errors.

Do you have access to a diagnostics tool? Might be worth seeing if the computer is showing any errors.
The CP is not on the canbus so can't be interrogated.

Have you followed the process to read the fault codes from the unit directly?

The CP is not on the canbus so can't be interrogated.

Have you followed the process to read the fault codes from the unit directly?
The VW Diagnose menu on the CP returns no errors message.

I think I would next try removing the CP and disconnect it completely, then reattach and test again.

I think I would next try removing the CP and disconnect it completely, then reattach and test again.
I’ve done that, a complete reset when it rebooted but still the same! What is making it think there is a live supply from the hook up?

I’ve done that, a complete reset when it rebooted but still the same! What is making it think there is a live supply from the hook up?
There is no direct connection to the CP from the Mains supply only via the Charger output. So it's the Charger or CP at fault. It could be residual current in either unit triggering the fault, possibly. I would try the following.
Unplug the Charger Output cable and leave disconnected. Remove CP and disconnect all 3 plugs. Leave disconnected for at least an hour, or overnight. Reconnect CP. Start engine. If Display and function normal, stop engine. Connect Charger Output cable. If display and function normal, restart engine. If everything still normal, stop engine and plug into Mains. If still normal restart engine with mains plugged in. Mains warning? Unplug mains. Hopefully no warning.

Disconnected all the connectors to the Control panel or disconnected all 3 batteries?

As I thought I mentioned earlier, the unit looks for the 12volts coming from the charger input to bring up that symbol.
Having removed the plug out of the charger you have removed the charger from causing the problem that leaves the Control panel.
Removing all the plugs from the control panel itself (remove the control panel) you remove all power sources from the CP in case it is still getting power from a source. once reconnected if the problem still persists then the CP has developed an internal fault.

Last edited:
Back