Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cadac 2 Cook 2 Pro setup advice

H

HappyKamper

Vehicle
N/A
Hi everyone,

Not a Cali owner yet. Always envious of the amazing setups you all have though! And thought you might have a better idea than me regarding gas cooking as all mine is usually charcoal. The site we’re going to in a couple of weeks only allows gas though. Three BBQs and can’t take any

I'm looking for some advice on the right unit, hose, etc., to buy for an upcoming camping trip. I apologize if I'm a bit out of the loop—last year I was involved in an accident that resulted in a brain injury, so I’m not as sharp as I used to be.

I’m considering purchasing the QR version of the Cadac 2 Cook 2 Pro, which is currently £89 with a discount code.

We plan to camp as a family of 5 for four days, and I’d like to use it to cook lunch and dinner, as well as boil water for morning teas. I’m thinking that two Cadac EN417 500g disposable canisters should be enough (or Coleman as can buy 6 on deal).

However, I’m a bit unsure about the hose. If I purchase this one, will it clip on easily, or am I looking at the wrong model? CADAC hose

My concern is whether the QR fitting on the main unit will connect properly with the QR hose, but maybe I’m overthinking it.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on these camping essentials. It’s just that there are so many different connections and models, and it’s all a bit confusing for me.

My wife might still veto this purchase, but I’m trying to avoid cooking on the £20 single burner plastic case Campingaz setup again—it didn’t work so well for us last time. Might bring my cast iron griddle though on this one and see how it goes.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Looks like it will work. I changed my cadac 2 cook fitting to a QR elbow and use a 907 bottle. Means I have a spare gas in the van. This year we cooked outside a lot with the cadac and towards the end of the trip, I swapped the internal gas with the bbq gas as it was running low.
You should be ok for 4 days - we used a nearly full 907 in 5 weeks for 2 of us and that’s about 3kg gas.

That is the right hose for both the Cadac and for gas cans.

We have two hoses (one for cans and one for bottle) but for yonks now we just use the canisters which last for ages.

That is the right hose for both the Cadac and for gas cans.

We have two hoses (one for cans and one for bottle) but for yonks now we just use the canisters which last for ages.
I’ve done exactly the same. One canister lasts me 5/6 days. £1.99 from home bargains.

Cadac also do a multiple connection hose, which is either double EN417 or triple CP250

It is worth looking at as supposed to give more consistent flow when at lower pressure. I got the triple CP250 because I already have loads of them and the people I camp with also use CP250 so if in the off chance I run out I could borrow a spare.