Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I don't like my Cadac Safari Chef 2!

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I bought this. The Cadac 2 cook Pro Delux. Great peice of kit.Take Griddle plates off and youve got a 2 burner hob.

View attachment 63406
Hi there, I'm currently thinking about buying one of these as they look great. However, im not sure if I should get the pro deluxe or the pro deluxe QR. Im assuming the only difference is the factory fitted quick release connection?
Im having trouble finding the QR version for sale at the moment so I might settle for the pro Deluxe and just fit the quick release connector myself. Would you have a pic of the gas fitting on yours so that I can be sure it will work before I buy?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Padraic.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi there, I'm currently thinking about buying one of these as they look great. However, im not sure if I should get the pro deluxe or the pro deluxe QR. Im assuming the only difference is the factory fitted quick release connection?
Im having trouble finding the QR version for sale at the moment so I might settle for the pro Deluxe and just fit the quick release connector myself. Would you have a pic of the gas fitting on yours so that I can be sure it will work before I buy?
Regards Padraic.
I’ve fitted the QR to mind. It was trivial to do.

The pro has stainless Steel below the burners, and the deluxe has the griddle and grill.

The QR is brilliant. We now have the Safari Chef, Carri Chef and 2 Cook all with QR. We use propane patio gas at home and 907 butane when camping, and switching is dead easy.

calidog

calidog

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Regards Padraic.
I have the QR which is great. The Quick release attaches to the flexi connection on the side.cadac1.JPGcadac2.JPGcadac3.JPG

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I have the QR which is great. The Quick release attaches to the flexi connection on the side.View attachment 63518View attachment 63519View attachment 63520
Cheers for the photos, it looks like the Cadac 2 Cook Pro Deluxe is the same as the Cadac 2 Cook Pro Deluxe QR(Quick Release)
As I cannot get the Cadac 2 Cook Pro Deluxe QR(Quick Release) in stock anywhere I'll just buy the Cadac 2 Cook Pro Deluxe and fit a quick release fitting that I have at home already.

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Regards Padraic.
Literally bought a QR fitting for mine this weekend. Go Outdoors. Game changer.

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Literally bought a QR fitting for mine this weekend. Go Outdoors. Game changer.
Hey, hows all with you, have you managed to do much camping this year? How do you like the Cadac 2 Cook Pro Deluxe? is it worth buying?

sidepod

sidepod

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hey P,

we’ve done about 4 trips since it all lifted. Booked up for a Euro trip in September.

My Cadac is an old Safari Chef.
How’s the red i?

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hey, hows all with you, have you managed to do much camping this year? How do you like the Cadac 2 Cook Pro Deluxe? is it worth buying?
We’ve had our 2 Cook Pro Deluxe six months. All unwrapped and ready to go, but not used. We hope to be camping in France for two weeks at the end of August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hey P,

we’ve done about 4 trips since it all lifted. Booked up for a Euro trip in September.

My Cadac is an old Safari Chef.
How’s the red i?
We have done a few weekend trips here in Ireland and planning a possible two week trip here later in the year, not sure if I’ll get to the continent this year.
The red I is going great, never misses a beat. I’m always working away on little additions/improvements, a built in 4G LTE router is the current project.
I’ve changed jobs since last year so the California gets used to commute and for my potential next job my accommodation also. Its a great all rounder.

A

a892374923874

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Well, the Grillo arrived today. Looks ideal size wise. We're camping tomorrow night so will try it out properly then. Thanks for all the posts with the alternatives. :)

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Cadac cook 2 arrived today. Looks great. Going to do a trial run in the kitchen this evening.64739BAA-4CBA-404D-A9B0-D8D459413771.jpeg
A81EF53E-8D2A-4926-BA9E-8905A5BA6C45.jpeg

Last edited: