Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calculations

J

Jandy61

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
just gone though the different emails and quotes from DTD, Autobid and dealer and worked out iv agreed on a deal 1k more than aAutobid
Paid our deposit to dealer this week
Got lost in the quotes and different spec, and options we added, removed, was super busy working away from home before Christmas etc,
probably not the best time to be rushing an order though
Just wondering what you would do, suck it up and weep, it is our closest dealer, but not that local, or are there any other options you would take, I’m just very annoyed with myself now,

just gone though the different emails and quotes from DTD, Autobid and dealer and worked out iv agreed on a deal 1k more than aAutobid
Paid our deposit to dealer this week
Got lost in the quotes and different spec, and options we added, removed, was super busy working away from home before Christmas etc,
probably not the best time to be rushing an order though
Just wondering what you would do, suck it up and weep, it is our closest dealer, but not that local, or are there any other options you would take, I’m just very annoyed with myself now,
I think I probably paid more than I should for my Ocean. I know I have for my incoming Beach - but was tied up in a part exchange (July) and when they offered a Beach in October and I changed my order (from a Kombi specced like an Ocean / Beach) - I thought about the pleasure it will give me and my best friend (and of course the 4 x 4 pawed drive beasts) and then relaxed...
Life is short. We spend much if it wasting time and money on other things. Be happy. Go for what you want.

Yes I think you are right, with all that’s going on, stressful times for all, it’s only now I’m home and looked again at quotes iv seen the difference, also rushed decision to beat the price rise 1st Jan, I was expecting and happy to pay a bit more for a closer main dealer but didn’t realise it was just over 1 k , pours me another drink..

Yes I think you are right, with all that’s going on, stressful times for all, it’s only now I’m home and looked again at quotes iv seen the difference, also rushed decision to beat the price rise 1st Jan, I was expecting and happy to pay a bit more for a closer main dealer but didn’t realise it was just over 1 k , pours me another drink..
Merry Christmas!

Think I looked at the discount being nearly the same and the added factory options exactly the same 3456 so went will dealer
Autobid on the road 66,236 7,104 discount
Dealer on the road. 67,205. 7,196 discount

So a 969 difference, but can’t find how that happened
Options cost are the same on both
Must be overlooking something

Could it be the deposit contribution if using VW finance? That would make the difference look like the autoEbid price is better but in reality you would be better with the dealer option by £31?
Obviously this only works if financing and not if cash.

Could it be the deposit contribution if using VW finance? That would make the difference look like the autoEbid price is better but in reality you would be better with the dealer option by £31?
Obviously this only works if financing and not if cash.
It was a cash sale, no finance, my mistake I guess for not writing anything down and just checking emails and lost track of what was what, deal was done over phone with vw dealer,

I paid about £500 more to be with a local dealer, well the nearest one anyway but still an hours drive away...
It is a lot of money but I'd suck it up..if you cancel now you might not get your deposit back and if you do there will be delays with COVID and Christmas and then you'd be pushing it a bit to get another order in before the price hike. AND then you'd probably (if sods law applies and it probably would) get a dealer at the furthest point away from you in the UK.
So I think not worth the risk, hope that makes you feel better :)

Once I've done the deal I wouldnt worry about.

Not sure what whether autoebid includes the £1k finance deposit or not but that may be the difference. DtD does which often skews quoted comparisons. I wouldn’t worry about a £1k difference anyway, the local dealer relationship may well prove to be better value in the long run.

Not sure what whether autoebid includes the £1k finance deposit or not but that may be the difference. DtD does which often skews quoted comparisons. I wouldn’t worry about a £1k difference anyway, the local dealer relationship may well prove to be better value in the long run.
Yes, Drive the deal, you have to add ££ if you don’t take finance, Autobid much more straight forward pricing.
Yes I’m leaving it be, as trying to work out the difference has given me a headache, along with too many snowballs, everyone needs to make a living, just I was sure it was around £300-500 not nearly 1000.
The dealer has a good rep on the forum so hopefully we will be looked after well

you could always ask the dealership for a deposit refund? perhaps theres a 14 day cool off period and they’re all governed by a regulatory body of some sort or subject to the ombudsman.

if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Once I've done the deal I wouldnt worry about.
you could always ask the dealership for a deposit refund? perhaps theres a 14 day cool off period and they’re all governed by a regulatory body of some sort or subject to the ombudsman.

if you don’t ask, you don’t get.
Probably could, as all dealings done over the phone, but iv now calmed down, I’ll stay with the deal, I want to be fair, hopefully it might help with any after sales issues if they arise, I have kept the Autobid quote on file anyway, so they can see I didn’t squeeze dealer too hard

Think I looked at the discount being nearly the same and the added factory options exactly the same 3456 so went will dealer
Autobid on the road 66,236 7,104 discount
Dealer on the road. 67,205. 7,196 discount

So a 969 difference, but can’t find how that happened
Options cost are the same on both
Must be overlooking something
When buying my MY 2018 Ocean I noted that Breeze Pool option cost were different than the VW Configurator. On balance their bottom line price was higher than the dealers that aligned their quote to the online VW Configurator but offered smaller % discount. When i challanged Pool VW they claimed they use a different more upto date online reference. Suffice to say they lost my custom. Moral of this storey always focus on the OTR price not % or £ discount.

Back