Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Dogs

She's a 9 1/2 year old Vizsla indeed , named " Mieke" , her ears are for sure one of her main tools...but the nose does the job also!
There are more pic's in earlyer posts here above and in many of my posts on the trips we did.
She's getting grey but had a loveley light brown color when she was younger.
She is our true compagnion , we got no kids and take her as much as possible with us . She is born in Belgium has been on trips to the Netherlands , Germany , France ( a lot ! as my brother in law lives there ) , the UK , Austria , Denmark , Norway .
Would not want to miss her for anything in the world , as her great-grand mother got to 14 , grandmother 13 and her mother is also 12 by now i hope she will be beside me for a few years.
We got a picture with them four girls sitting in a row ....very rare!
Think we got thousands pictures of her , she's used to get photographed .
Missus has her on instagram and got almost 3000 followers ( type : _.mieke._ on instagram and maybe become the 3000th follower of her account)

Last edited:
Not a VW, but D loved her seat in this van! We met a few lovely characters on our hols last year....not only our doggie friends....image.jpg

Just good that we have two Beds in the Cali :)

df8e470855c669ec6909f1129ec13aa4.jpg

86c06a3a9bdd96ef0952a18ee9ea947b.jpg

Seen that beagle puppy pic in a other tread just few sec ago and went looking at some of my pic's
Austria alp-cows.....and a Vizsla...
She's getting 10 years in august , hope she stays with us for quite a few more...
Her puppy pic's are not on my iPad so can't give those , need to work on that...

image.jpeg

View attachment 12139 Hi, I'm Grom jnr, Wallace (handsome dude in the back ground) passed away New Year's day 2015. My cousin Ellie now lives with us (avatar) and hopefully next year the family will expand...

w&g garden 14 june.JPG

Last edited:
Here's Gan, he's a very new cali dog so a little unsure about what's going on, but I think he's going to love it, especially with his sofa away from home and the woods just outside! Looking forward to our first cali morning walk!

19b2f9dbb4c3c3ca7c5e2c4a3f96726f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gan looks very comfy! I'm glad to see he's taken his dinner too. I'm sure he'll love Cali life - we've just made Dante our chocolate Labrador a little ramp to help him get into up into our Cali.

checking the view from the Cali....
image.jpeg

Wishing it was her castle....

image.jpeg

Trying to get to the other side....
image.jpeg

Finally got there...

image.jpeg

Now i am thursty...image.jpeg

And need a rest....
image.jpeg

Just back from the vet and Ellie and Grom now each have their own passport ready for our summer travels to the Netherlands and the end of the year 'arranged marriage' for Ellie

Ours need to have pasports since day one....

Ours need to have pasports since day one....
Indeed HC, Wallace and Grom snr had the same from birth as we travelled from Norway to NL to visit friends and then emigrating / immigrating to UK in 2010 (sadly both dogs since passed away at 9 and 12 years). But now we (Grom jnr and Ellie) are finally cleared from this side of the water, we're ready for the French meet too...

calidogmelaindex.jpg
Cali dog Mela, our Tri colour Welsh sheepdog rescue c. 7-10 years old. She has quite a few issues but is now having a lovely life. She has learnt English commands having come from a Northern Welsh speaking region (Pwllheli on the Llŷn Peninsula)

Picture taken at Stonebarrow, near Charmouth. It is a great Cali spot for anyone visiting the Jurassic coast in Dorset, with fine sea views towards Golden Cap.

image.jpeg Willow the Cocker Spaniel and Penny the Cavachon love spending weekends away in the Cali.... The 2 front seats are their beds usually...
Willow travels either on the bed in the back or I between the 2 front seats to get some travel cuddles from her masters...
Penny sleeps on the bed hoping that the never ending walks stop ;-)

Back