Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Dogs

As promised earlier on the 'old' board here are our three......

DSC00718_crop_small.jpg

'Jagger' & 'Ronni'

IMG-20110704-00047.jpg

'Keef'

Chris & Cathryn

Our fluffy Staffy Toby likes to come away with us (as long as we have a ball!!).

20110820_12.jpg

One more for the list. This is Whistler our 6yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback.

He gets downstairs with us if its cold, and to himself if we're upstairs.

IMG_1742.jpg

Not worked out where she'll sleep yet but this is our 5 year old black lab, Maddy, working stock, parents were both beating dogs (our has beaten once and took to it very well!), we spent a lot of time training here and she's super obedient, has a nice streak of bonkers in big open spaces, is my running training partner, my swim partner and a brilliant family pet!

n631517804_2364230_341707.jpg

So sleeping arrangement tips anyone?!

Think it'll be wife and baby girl (11 months) below for a bit, me and our boy (3) above then the dog in the footwell or similar?! She's a small lab - 25kg.

This is our pog - Ozzi Yukyl

Ozzi2.jpg

We had him as a rescue dog at approximately 6 weeks old. He appears to be part Jack Russell and part Springer. He is more Terrier like than you would sometimes wish for.

Very tenuous but here is Bruno with the California just about visible in the background:

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

Dexter, our Cairn Terrier taking in the evening sun on the Isle of Skye from the comfort of the Cali.

Martin

IMG_0287 copy.jpg

Hi our dog is a Rottweiler, Zeus is his name, this may be relevant to those who like us sleep up in the loft, leaving the living area at night to Zeus, he weighs 45 kilograms so takes up a bit of room, we decided to give him more room by removing the rear bench stops / bed brackets, you will have to drill out the rivets on the off side, best to set your vacuum cleaner up ( hose attachment ) so you catch all swarf / metal waste from drilling out the rivets you don't want this entering the cavity between body and internal finishing panel , using an allen key to remove the near side stops / bed brackets, ( Note once these have been removed you will not be able to use the bench seat as a bed until you refit them so keep them safe ) you will have to loosen the stop in the floor, near side, and move it as far back as you wish your seat to sit, then tighten again, this also allows you to gain access to the cup/drinks holder and 12volt socket. Be aware your head restraints will have to be stowed in the down position with the seat as far back as it will go as they come into contact with the overhead storage drawer, although if you tilt the bench seat slightly you can leave them in the up position.

Good grief, he must have acres back there. I make the 3 collies suffer with memory foam mattress on the floor, duvet over the top and the liitle un gets the bench with sheepskin rugs - she doesn't like to share her bench seat - lol. Had 10 hour journey back from UK yesterday and whilst they did have a 2 hour beasting session before we set off to work off their energy, they slept all the way barring 2 pee stops. Nice and comfy and I was okay too. :lol:

Hello dog campers,

I have just booked a Cali hire for a week as a sort of long test drive - I need to convince my husband that he CAN actually survive without an hour in the shower with all his man-products.

One of the main reasons we want a Cali is to travel about with the dogs.

The other reason is because we don't have many friends, so we intend to turn up, uninvited on people's driveways. SURPRIIIIIISE!!

My dogs are really looking forward to sentry duty. Barking furiously at everyone who dares to walk past. Where would be the best place for them to do this? I think from the roof bed.

Anyway, hello from Wilhelm and Wolfgang. They hope to join the forum permanently, if they complete their mission.

chair2.jpg

PKM said:
Hello dog campers,

I have just booked a Cali hire for a week as a sort of long test drive - I need to convince my husband that he CAN actually survive without an hour in the shower with all his man-products.

One of the main reasons we want a Cali is to travel about with the dogs.

The other reason is because we don't have many friends, so we intend to turn up, uninvited on people's driveways. SURPRIIIIIISE!!

My dogs are really looking forward to sentry duty. Barking furiously at everyone who dares to walk past. Where would be the best place for them to do this? I think from the roof bed.

Anyway, hello from Wilhelm and Wolfgang. They hope to join the forum permanently, if they complete their mission.

chair2.jpg

Who needs humans?
dogsdinner-007.jpg

OK they do have SOME uses!!

Woofs & welcomes to Wilhelm and Wolfgang. :thumb :thumb

Thanks for the welcome CaliTess. :)

My dogs are over indulged with no recall. It will be an interesting experience. I intend to buy long leads and ground spike for them. And a new holiday bed and new holiday leads, collars and clothes.

This is Dougal and Brian, looking forward to the arrival of their new Cali next week :)

_DSC6438.jpg

They are a cool pair of Borders Paul. They look great in the snow.

Our black lab - a small dot next to our Cali!

P1010732.jpg

She seems to be getting on very well with it - easy to get into, nice and comfy.

Silver has now joined her older sister Ruby (see page 1) as a Cali Dog

image.php

Ruby has taken to sleeping on the front passenger seat... all the more room for me. :)

Rgds

Mark

Cute pup!

Popped into a dog show yesterday out of curiosity - slightly scary levels of dog obsession...!

KernowLad said:
Cute pup!

Popped into a dog show yesterday out of curiosity - slightly scary levels of dog obsession...!

Thanks guys... she's a little sweetheart... slightly crazy like most Collies, but fantastic.

Cody said:
Yeah, did it once and ran away. Love my dogs but there's a limit and hoodies and leg warmers cross a line!

Some things are just so wrong. :D

I'll second that, got 3 of the blighters and angels when all curled up asleep but frenzied lunatics when awake, especially the little deaf one who has OCD - like a child on permanent sugar rush. They love the Cali though cos that means big walk, probaly in the hils and involving woods with great smells and fox pooh to roll in! :roll:

Back