Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Dogs

WildAtlantic

WildAtlantic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Buddy & Kerry, the Kerry Blue Terriers, camping in County Kerry last weekend :)

20200118_155626716_iOS.jpg
20200118_142126772_iOS.jpg

HectorPascal

HectorPascal

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Today it's been exact one year since we had to put our girl asleep ...
I miss her so much....
View attachment 54472
That picture, taken no doubt whilst you were unawares, is resonant. I know that feeling of being lost in contentment with a 'best friend'. In fact, I think we have the same shot in our own album. You are still hurting after a year and I understand that. Our Vizsla, Daphne, is more than a pet dog. She is transcendent and I have never loved any animal like this. Your picture makes me slightly fearful of that inevitable day in ten years or so....

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Today it's been exact one year since we had to put our girl asleep ...
I miss her so much....
View attachment 54472
Sorry I missed this post originally. It was no doubt a hard day. She saw more in her life with you than many human beings do. She travelled the world, was loved and loved you both back in return. At the end of our time, what more could any of us hope for?

I too dread the day with ours too, but there is something about a dogs shorter time that makes us cherish it all the more I think. They remind us not to waste our time and to live in the moment. Still no less profound when they go, but the love never goes. I still think of my springer Chester from a many years ago, I can smile and remember with fondness. Dogs teach us about life and those lessons stay with us forever.