Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Dogs

Zeb doesn’t get the posh warm watered joker shower, just a jet down or dip in a pond (evil me).
One of my previous Tollers, in Norway, would deliberately get filthy as he knew it meant a detour to nearest lake / fjord / sea on the way home for a swim…
When Ellie did it the other day we were passed the pond on the walk, so got the cold hosepipe treatment instead. Maybe today she’ll do it earlier in the walk to make sure she gets a swim…

Just thinking about my new boxer pup and we’re and how she should travel,do I put her in the rear on the parcel shelf or put her bed in the front compartment.The only issue with the rear is lifting her up as she gets bigger.
If she goes in the front compartment how will I keep her from moving about do I get a cage ?but this will fill the area ,so does anyone have any good advice lol

Just thinking about my new boxer pup and we’re and how she should travel,do I put her in the rear on the parcel shelf or put her bed in the front compartment.The only issue with the rear is lifting her up as she gets bigger.
If she goes in the front compartment how will I keep her from moving about do I get a cage ?but this will fill the area ,so does anyone have any good advice lol
Wow Boxer pup normally full of life, very boisterous and unpredictable I would get a cage (canvas type) and put her behind you until she calms down (could be a few years though) unless she just goes to sleep on a journey like my labs. I feel the rear of the vehicle is for storage and also there is little protection in the event of a rear shunt, and you can keep an eye on the little tinker…whichever you will have fun. We have bought an inflatable awning (drive away type) to give is all more space on a morning …..all this thought and cost for mans best friend….but it’s worth it!!

Wow Boxer pup normally full of life, very boisterous and unpredictable I would get a cage (canvas type) and put her behind you until she calms down (could be a few years though) unless she just goes to sleep on a journey like my labs. I feel the rear of the vehicle is for storage and also there is little protection in the event of a rear shunt, and you can keep an eye on the little tinker…whichever you will have fun. We have bought an inflatable awning (drive away type) to give is all more space on a morning …..all this thought and cost for mans best friend….but it’s worth it!!
Yes I think we will have fun that’s for sure ,which canvas type would you recommend?

Yes I think we will have fun that’s for sure ,which canvas type would you recommend?
I have never used a canvas one only steel for use at home for training purposes, but a steel one in the Cali is likely to cause damage so I would go for the best quality canvas whichever that is. I my experience over the years a dog very quickly sees it as it’s domain and feels safe in it. So you could use it at home as well to get him used to it, also an essential to stop things being chewed up ..lol

I have never used a canvas one only steel for use at home for training purposes, but a steel one in the Cali is likely to cause damage so I would go for the best quality canvas whichever that is. I my experience over the years a dog very quickly sees it as it’s domain and feels safe in it. So you could use it at home as well to get him used to it, also an essential to stop things being chewed up ..lol
I could just see her chewing straight through the canvas

If you are crate training at home then use the crate in van until trained.
Then I use seatbelt clip and 1/2m of lead and Zeb sits on rear seat or floor and can reach water etc.

You will get a number of different opinions re safely transporting dogs. Ours is we wouldn’t recommend your dog travelling in the rear, they are too far away from you and very vulnerable if you unfortunately have someone go into the back of you. Similarly we wouldn’t recommend canvas crates they are not crash tested and don’t offer any protection should you have an accident.
When older we would suggest a good quality harness attached to the seat belt. For a pup it’s a little trickier you are probably reduced to a crate short term. Make sure it’s of good quality with escape doors front & rear and securely anchored so it doesn’t move. Use it in the house first, leave the door open put some blankets, toys, treats in it to encourage the pup to use it. Then gradually put it in the Cali but don’t go anywhere just let the pup get used to it. Slowly and patiently is key to having a dog feel safe and comfortable in a vehicle. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

You will get a number of different opinions re safely transporting dogs. Ours is we wouldn’t recommend your dog travelling in the rear, they are too far away from you and very vulnerable if you unfortunately have someone go into the back of you. Similarly we wouldn’t recommend canvas crates they are not crash tested and don’t offer any protection should you have an accident.
When older we would suggest a good quality harness attached to the seat belt. For a pup it’s a little trickier you are probably reduced to a crate short term. Make sure it’s of good quality with escape doors front & rear and securely anchored so it doesn’t move. Use it in the house first, leave the door open put some blankets, toys, treats in it to encourage the pup to use it. Then gradually put it in the Cali but don’t go anywhere just let the pup get used to it. Slowly and patiently is key to having a dog feel safe and comfortable in a vehicle. Looking forward to hearing your progress.
Thanks for the advice much appreciated little steps I think don’t want to spook her

First weekend away in our new Ocean 4Motion and the dogs had a ball… so much so that they wouldn’t get out the van when we got home! Mouse the Deerhound, Jamie the Retriever and Tigger the Bedlington.1A4FB84B-5F96-4D6C-9B24-C85C72E82DE5.jpegAA4AE641-571B-4738-8216-A4F3888EE928.jpegC6EE60B5-1473-413B-A912-FD3F724E4DAD.jpeg

9D76B64C-E0F7-4FF4-8DDF-AC1232EA9739.jpeg

Tan Hill looks as cold as always! Lovely dogs and great van.

Ikea fridge headrest....he was like this for a hour or so heading back from Pembrokeshire

Screenshot_20210808_172333_com.whatsapp.jpg

She’s arrived and shes loving the Cali best thing we have done getting another dog

B97EB95D-D5EF-450B-B6DC-5926F5CF688A.jpeg

Back