Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali insurance

mintyman

mintyman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I recently visited the Caravan Guard website to obtain a quote for my new Cali that's on order. Their website said that they can only provide a quote if the vehicle has a tracker installed. I re-submitted my details and selected a random tracker just to see what sort of prices they were quoting. I was relatively happy with the price, but obviously I would need to have a tracker to qualify / not break the terms of the agreement.

I tried visiting Compare the Market to see how they compare (appreciating that they aren't a camper specific platform), and none of the providers got anywhere close to Caravan Guard.

So - now that I know I need a tracker to qualify, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not particularly interested in the actual tracker itself since I only need it for insurance purposes, so features aren't of interest to me. Maybe I just need the cheapest available?

I recently visited the Caravan Guard website to obtain a quote for my new Cali that's on order. Their website said that they can only provide a quote if the vehicle has a tracker installed. I re-submitted my details and selected a random tracker just to see what sort of prices they were quoting. I was relatively happy with the price, but obviously I would need to have a tracker to qualify / not break the terms of the agreement.

I tried visiting Compare the Market to see how they compare (appreciating that they aren't a camper specific platform), and none of the providers got anywhere close to Caravan Guard.

So - now that I know I need a tracker to qualify, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not particularly interested in the actual tracker itself since I only need it for insurance purposes, so features aren't of interest to me. Maybe I just need the cheapest available?
I would imagine the insurance company will give the Thatcham rating and probably recommend a manufacturer. I’m with Comfort insurance and they recommended Scorpion.

The best quote I got for our Ocean was from VW's own insurance and they were happy with the Vodafone (CobraTrak) S7 tracker that the VW dealer fitted.

This one doesn’t look bad. Thatcham S7 approved. Self fit. £9.99 per month.

IMG_0356.png

Does your VW insurance cover you if for example the van caught fire whilst you was cooking.I’ve read some insurance doesn’t cover that sort of accident.

Comfort does. I think there are few threads on the bacon sandwich fire question. :)

Does your VW insurance cover you if for example the van caught fire whilst you was cooking.I’ve read some insurance doesn’t cover that sort of accident.
That’s a very good point and something I should ask my insurer.

Back