Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tracker needed for Sterling Insurance

T

TGTCalifornia

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Just bought 2019 VW T6 California Ocean and the insurance company (Sterling) I have used for my old T4 camper van are saying that I need to have a third party company fit a Tracker to be able to be insured. Could anyone recommend a reputable company to fit this.

Have you considered a change of Insurer?
I'm with Safeguard who don't require a Tracker. No doubt others on here can advise on other Insurers who don't require it.

If required, the insurance company will usually provide the minimum spec./certification level that they will accept. Did they do this? or is there a list on their website?

Use the search button on this website to read through previous messages re trackers.

Check out TrackerFit. They do many brands and class of tracker.

I've just been shopping around for insurance and eventually gone with LV who don't stipulate one.

Did speak to Comfort on the phone and they said that they insist on a tracker for anything £75K or over. Even though I paid £65k for my Ocean in September, the replacement price now would probably be over that limit, so they would have insisted on one.

Thank you all for your replies. Spoke to TrackerFit they were very helpful. Have also spoken to LV and got a competitive quote from them and they did not require a Tracker to be fitted. So maybe LV and an immobiliser might be the answer. Liking this Forum arrangement.

Visual deterrents are recommended by the Police in addition to any invisible ones as most thieves want a quick no hassle theft.

Steering wheel & pedal locks.

Visual deterrents are recommended by the Police in addition to any invisible ones as most thieves want a quick no hassle theft.

Steering wheel & pedal locks.
Yes good point I already use a steering wheel lock
Thanks

Im with Admiral, they didn't want any extra security and I asked if I could get extra discount if I paid for a tracker etc, and they said it made no difference, so shop around..