Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali myths

Don’t blame VW, blame the people that pay it.
(It’s actually quite good value).
Have you forgotten this thread is about myths?

• Thanks
Reactions: MrP
The Beach was designed as a passion wagon. Nudge nudge wink wink!

It doesn't make me any cooler than my workmates :cool::D

• Agree
Reactions: MrP
... that everyone has melted their plastic wash basin bucket at least once :) (but don't ever admit at having done so).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That the Electro-Hydraulic Roof uses the Engine Battery to power it. It doesn't, it uses the Leisure Batteries, but the Ignition has to be ON as a safety function to stop little fingers squashing Johnny.

That using the Manual Roof Lowering function releases all the Hydraulic Fluid. It doesn't, it just releases the Pressure and allows the fluid to drain into the Reservoir.

And another one. You have a faulty roof on a SE/Ocean when the Hydraulics fire up in the Middle of the Night for a few minutes.
Once the roof is UP, the pressure in the system is checked about every 10-12 hrs, from the last Ignition On and every 10-12 hrs thereafter , and if outside the parameters the pump fires up automatically to re-pressurise the system. No user intervention required.
Always seems to happen in the middle of the night to everyones great alarm. Normal

That VW Californias should be any more perfect than any other vehicle!

It doesn't, it uses the Leisure Batteries, but the Ignition has to be ON as a safety function to stop little fingers squashing Johnny.
I´ve read this over and over. I understand everything apart from the last 5 words.
Why would having the ignition on be a safety function ? And who is Johnny ?

I have two boys. I can imagine a scenario when Jack (2) is watching Peppa Pig upstairs and Ben (4) downstairs is testing buttons. Jack gets squished. But that wouldn't happen for two reasons.
1. I keep the car keys on me at all times, and the hydraulic roof needs the ignition keys to work.
2. We have a Beach with a manual roof not a hydraulic roof.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I´ve read this over and over. I understand everything apart from the last 5 words.
Why would having the ignition on be a safety function ? And who is Johnny ?
Dooh - as @Amarillo has explained.

It’s a myth that camp sites and all that comes with them are required to camp. Who wants more neighbors when they’re camping than when they’re at home?

That you must spec YOUR van for the person you eventually sell it to.

Red isn't cool.

That you have to spec your Van...

....That buying a demonstrator does not save thousands.

Back