Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Names

Mine has a name but we don't really use it.

The number plate ends Kzr, someone suggested Kaiser which I didn't fancy so rested on Chief, as in Kaiser Chiefs. Utterly random and without meaning heh.

We chose Bristol Belle for the link to our home city, and it describes our beautiful Cali. By coincidence it is also the name of one of the first hot air balloons I was involved with in the late 1960s.
Anyone who knows the City will know the iconic font that Bristol Omnibus had on the sides of their buses. It was unique to the company and is known as The Bristol Font, even though it comprises just the one word, in gold with black edging. I found a local signwriter who managed to copy the font adding the vital second word so we could post the name on the rear window.

Clara, named by a friend in reference to Clara the long distance lorry driver from the children’s series Pigeon Street.

Also got a Seat Mii as a run-around. She is named Florence. More convoluted naming, the roof and sides are done in a giant black & white checker pattern. Bit like a moving chess board and Florence was one of the characters in Chess the musical. Car was born in the VW Bratislava plant and the Florence character nearby in Budapest.