Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali RTA and the Horror !

When we had a non-fault accident and the other party were totally a pain in the backside trying to get a back street non-VW approved repair, my insurance company and their legal cover bit took up the case and push the repair to where I wanted it and a hire car of a size I wanted not a 3 door hatchback they wanted me to have. Given your accident was caused by a 3rd party their company will try and push for the cheapest option /outcome for them.

Not many 2013 up for sale recently but here 2012 - 14. Mileage in the middle. Hope it helps.
View attachment 67127
This is really good information, I've been tracking prices since this summer to get an idea on market value for 2011-2013 vans (our budget). Out of interest, have these prices increased a lot from last year due to Covid and lockdown? Thanks

This is really good information, I've been tracking prices since this summer to get an idea on market value for 2011-2013 vans (our budget). Out of interest, have these prices increased a lot from last year due to Covid and lockdown? Thanks
Sorry I only recorded these this summer, but feedback from other people and due to long delays with people the secondhand market is currently buoyant

Hi all and many many thanks for the help and best wishes, this has been a very very stressful time but today our insurance have sent us an admission of liability that the third party has accepted liability to the accident.
I would encourage you all to get dash cams, ours was a God send.
After much negotiation of offers we have reached the limit that the insurer is prepared to offer as market value so our next step is sending our evidence to the Financial Ombudsman.

Hi all and many many thanks for the help and best wishes, this has been a very very stressful time but today our insurance have sent us an admission of liability that the third party has accepted liability to the accident.
I would encourage you all to get dash cams, ours was a God send.
After much negotiation of offers we have reached the limit that the insurer is prepared to offer as market value so our next step is sending our evidence to the Financial Ombudsman.
Stay resolute, now you have the admission, have you found a van that would replace yours?

Unfortunately we are unable to get a replacement Cali at present - lockdown in our area is one obstacle so we are going to get a Car for the present and take our time looking for another Cali when the time is right ?

Isn’t the glass screen designed to crumble to pieces...?
I thought that was the point of safety glass...?
Our experience was that the glass did break into mainly small chunks but with the force of the impact these were mainly scattered as far as the sliding door, some flew into the front cab and onto the rear seat and smaller slivers even found their way into our cutlery tray and our shoes that were near the sliding door. Surprisingly the glass top of the fridge remained intact.

To think i had perfected in sealing that leak from the useless VW roof cap repair !

As this price range shows, spec has an important bearing on desirability and therefore price. Particular options commanding higher prices are DSG, 4motion, SatNav, 3zone climatic and existence of rail for fifth seat.

If the original poster can upload their spec, I’m sure forum users can give you an estimate based on current market.

Mind you....asking price doesnt necessarily mean it sold at that.

I’m so sorry to read this.
its good that you are safe and well but those words can seem hollow when you’re lovely Cali is damaged.
I really hope it is sorted for you.

Unfortunately we are unable to get a replacement Cali at present - lockdown in our area is one obstacle so we are going to get a Car for the present and take our time looking for another Cali when the time is right ?
Just a thought!
was your van regular serviced at a main Dealer ?
do you have a good relationship with that dealer?
does that dealer want to sell you a Cali in Future ?

could you ask that dealer to provide you with a market estimate of the cost of that van, had it been for sale on their forecourt In the current climate ?

that would be irrefutable by any insurer!

Back