Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Guide - Fitting The Small Under Bench Drawer

An update to anyone who wants to fit this second drawer under the bench seat.
I couldn't resist the extra storage space so we have bought the second sliding drawer as featured in previous posts. But like most easy things some do not go to according to plan.
I thought reading through "the how to guide" it would be fitted and filled within 30mins how wrong could i be :cry:
I would presume the guide is for newer vans and these could have the screw holes already there, so a straight forward job of screwing the runners on fitting the catch and drawer, sorted.
My van is a 2007 and there is nothing on the side of the bench frame so this 30min job became a full evening job.
step 1 - seat out (pretty easy but need two people)
step 2 - guessing where the runners will fit. I measured the bottom of the one already fitted i then used a strong double sided tape and fitted that to the side of the seat frame then fitted the top runner onto the position on the drawer with the double sided tape on the runner, lowered the drawer onto the bottom runner and when it sort of looked fine pressed on the drawer so the top runner would stick to the frame side. Removed the drawer which left the runners stuck to the frame side screwed these on using some 5 x 12mm flat headed screws i already had.
Fitted the drawer back on and to my surprise when it closed both drawers lined up :clap
One thing left to do was mark the position of the catch which meant removing one of the blanking plate catches which could possible be pressed in because i had to snap it off luckily it snapped flush with the base.
The photos might give more help to anyone wanting to give this a go if you have not got the threaded screw holes already prepared from the factory.
Overhall quite pleased with the drawer and for now has all the bottles and containers we had in the bigger drawer, deodorant, suncreem, dish washing liquid etc......
Drawer was from VW but bought the runners from ebay two pairs were cheaper to buy here than one pair from VW :crazy Previous post mention's about removing the soft close but i found no need to do this and if anything it gives it a more secure catch at the back.

View attachment 3790 View attachment 3791 View attachment 3792 View attachment 3793
Haha I am lying in my van next to the drawer with the same problem! No holes anywhere to be seen. I will have to do the same as you! Great idea the sticky tape! I only have to learn now how to use a metal drill - argh

I am interested in doing this modification - sorry if I missed something but why do we need 2 packs of hinges

I am interested in doing this modification - sorry if I missed something but why do we need 2 packs of hinges
Just be aware that part numbers change from T6 to T6.1 as the colour of the plastic trim changed.

The drawer needs two runners but they are the same both the same side / hand, so you need two pairs to get two runners of the same side, that is if you want buy them from a non VW source.

Just took advantage of the UK dealer price for this drawer while visiting family. Unfortunately the drawer and runners sold separately. No screws in stock for the runners and I’m leaving before they’ll be available. Can anyone comment if the size of the N907 750 01 screws for the runners are (20) x 15 x 15?

The 15 x 15 would be the important bit. Thanks.
Barrie

Just took advantage of the UK dealer price for this drawer while visiting family. Unfortunately the drawer and runners sold separately. No screws in stock for the runners and I’m leaving before they’ll be available. Can anyone comment if the size of the N907 750 01 screws for the runners are (20) x 15 x 15?

The 15 x 15 would be the important bit. Thanks.
Barrie
1694858316644.png

Back