Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Guide - Fitting The Small Under Bench Drawer

I would guess the part number's are still the same, once you give the numbers to the parts desk or Tps they will then confirm what you are about to order.

Has anyone else fitted one of these recently found the supplied drawer is the wrong colour? Is there a different part number number for 2018 california or maybe we need to order a separate facia.

Sadly stuck with a get drawer at the mo as TPS refusing to refund it as it’s a special order.

Jason

I would be happy to buy it off you, Ive been thinking about fitting the extra draw for ages,

Andy

Sorry Andy,

After a rant down the phone to them they have agreed to exchange it.

They tried to say it's in the their t & c's i.e. 'Special orders are non refundable' but seeing as at no point did they mention or provide a copy of them, either at the time of ordering or when i paid in store, i 'm not sure legally they could refuse.

If you order one make sure you check the colour, seem the part no in the guide will allow them to find the drawer but they have other parts for each colour variation.

Has anyone else fitted one of these recently found the supplied drawer is the wrong colour? Is there a different part number number for 2018 california or maybe we need to order a separate facia.

Sadly stuck with a get drawer at the mo as TPS refusing to refund it as it’s a special order.

I have fitted two - one in our T5.1 and another in our new T6. I also discovered the different colours. So I had to but a complete new drawer in Moonrock. The cover was not to get separately. It is really a great upgrade.

There is a guide in here that shows how to fit it if you need advice. But it is quite simple and straight forward. A 10 min job.

EDIT: Just read @yanathem 's post - well it apparently is not easy on all models?

I decided I would put one of these drawers in my 2018 California Ocean, as you can never have enough drawers!
I followed the handbook instructions on removing the blanking plate to the compartment which proved very difficult to budge but with a little encouragement from a crow bar eventually moved !
I contacted VW Commercials Wrexham and spoke to the most unhelpful, grumpy, parts-man that ever walked the earth. After much discussion and explaining he stated the parts needed were as follows (see below) which have slightly different parts numbers to those previously listed, the cost together is nearly £500 so I am currently deciding how desperate I am for this drawer.

1 x Drawer front 7E7 006746592W £87.35
1 x Drawer 7E7 067461A £242.90
2 x Drawer Runners 7H7 067470 £72.11 each.
8 x Screw N907 75001 £0.30 each.
2 x Screw N905 62401 £0.85 each.

Any comments on these different part numbers would be appreciated, as well as experiences of interactions with VW parts staff!

That´s a lot of dough for a small drawer, does it not come as
a kit and a bit cheaper.
I did consider it one time and i´m sure it wasn´t that price.

Decided against it as that space is not lost in our van but it is a
good thing if you want to ´Auberg-ine´your van.

The runners should be a lot cheaper that from https://www.scfhardware.co.uk/ they were about £50 for both when i got mine last December. Link Below

https://www.scfhardware.co.uk/hettich-quadro-v6-soft-close-drawer-runners?search=DRQD900450

Although its been reported that they are cutting down selling to the public, have you tried TPS?

My drawer came was around £140 last December and came with the front, just had to ensure correct color was ordered.

I decided I would put one of these drawers in my 2018 California Ocean, as you can never have enough drawers!
I followed the handbook instructions on removing the blanking plate to the compartment which proved very difficult to budge but with a little encouragement from a crow bar eventually moved !
I contacted VW Commercials Wrexham and spoke to the most unhelpful, grumpy, parts-man that ever walked the earth. After much discussion and explaining he stated the parts needed were as follows (see below) which have slightly different parts numbers to those previously listed, the cost together is nearly £500 so I am currently deciding how desperate I am for this drawer.

Any comments on these different part numbers would be appreciated, as well as experiences of interactions with VW parts staff!

That’s is a silly amount of cash for a small draw...
I wonder if there is a homemade solution that would work. Something else that needs doing o_O

I would try a different dealer or TPS, have you requested the parts in the original post, substantially cheaper than the quote you got but a different number for the drawer. Don't forget to get the correct colour drawer front.
Quote from original post.

1 x Drawer - 7E7 068 041 30T £108
2 x Drawer Runners - 7H7 067 470 £48 each (See note below)
8 x Screw - N907 750 01 £0.30 each
2 x Screw - N905 624 01 £0.85 each

You can purchase the drawer runners commercially at a lower price than VW sell them for. I found a place located in Poole, Dorset (SCF Hardware) who keep them in stock. You will need to buy 2 pairs of Hettich Quadro V6 450 Soft Close, Part Number 0 072 175 priced at £18.28/pair. You will only need the 2 left drawer runners out of the 2 pairs but sadly they are not available individually.

You will need to call them. Its likely to be a part the have to order.

@Rich B @Kmann @Jason wallace do any of you have your cover panel, still? I don’t have the drawer nor a cover on my seat so am looking for one that’s no longer needed!

I am quite sure I have a panel lying around. But if so it is from my T5.1 … so not the Moonrock color but slightly lighter grey as I remember …

I am quite sure I have a panel lying around. But if so it is from my T5.1 … so not the Moonrock color but slightly lighter grey as I remember …
Morning @Kmann,

Thanks for getting back to me. Whilst the 2-seater we’ve picked up is from a 2009 Cali, I’ve sprayed the plastics black with Brillo rattle-cans so the colour difference shouldn’t matter.

If you’re happy to send, please let me know how much you’d want me to PayPal you for the item + P&P to the UK :thumb

Morning @Kmann,

Thanks for getting back to me. Whilst the 2-seater we’ve picked up is from a 2009 Cali, I’ve sprayed the plastics black with Brillo rattle-cans so the colour difference shouldn’t matter.

If you’re happy to send, please let me know how much you’d want me to PayPal you for the item + P&P to the UK :thumb

Let be see what I have and come back to you …

Let be see what I have and come back to you …
If you can send your address in a Personal Message I can get a shipping quote.

If you can send your address in a Personal Message I can get a shipping quote.

I can’t seem to find an option for a new message, only to view those that I’ve received (0). I imagine that is because I have only just joined the forum.

Are you able to PM me so I can reply?

I can’t seem to find an option for a new message, only to view those that I’ve received (0). I imagine that is because I have only just joined the forum.

Are you able to PM me so I can reply?

No, only if you are a VIP member … Just post your Zip and City for now …

Ok, just use SS2 6ES for now.
Town is Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK.

Cheers

Back