Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali Sticker and New Mats, what can I add next?

Barryjm

Barryjm

VIP Member
Finally got around to ordering the VWCALIFORNIACLUB van stickers, have applied to the rear window and it looks very good.

Just bought new QTM mats, which are very, very nice.

So the question is what can I add next? I have an awning and Mutze and bike rack, we have had the Cali almost 4 years so have the general camping stuff including a Cobb.

A good long list will give me plenty of online hours investigating and reading reviews [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

radio upgrade - possibly?
Side bars - not convinced but tempted
Bra - hmmm? My van is male! [WINKING FACE]
Seat covers, can you still get the pre facelift original seat matching covers in blue?
Suspension lowering - maybe but it is a camper first and the extra clearance is handy
Air suspension - this would be great but at over £3k no thanks. How cool is levelling the Cali using air suspension?!

Suggestions please? Or have I just covered them all? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have ditched my rear QTM mat - it just fouled too much on the seat when moved and started to self destruct. The middle one is great though.

Lowering - nope. It's a van not a touring car.
Radio - not sure what you have?
Bra - NOOOOOOOO!
Covers - essential IMO (we have kids!)
Air suspension - now that sounds great!
Side bars - we stuck some on (VW OEM) and really like them - they seem to suit a 4Motion somehow.

Kernowlad, it'll be interesting to see how we live with all the mats, mind you even if we too take the back one out it will still be good value compared to Brandrup!

I have noticed that I can not push the back seat right up to the front seat with the mats in place but that is understandable: I have removed the stops in the floor which allows the seat more movement.

Radio is bog standard, I think RCD 300 is the code, but I do have a Carlink IPod adaptor fitted with Bluetooth. I do not have very good hands free mobile connection at the mo. A fully integrated radio, Bluetooth, iPod compatible, sd reader, Dab would be better.

In the mean time I'll continue to dream about air suspension [WINKING FACE]

We have the Kenwood (non DAB) DNX520VBT and it's been pretty good. Has satnav, BT, DVD player and kicks out some good sound too. There's now a DAB version which is the one to have although the earlier version is probably now a lot cheaper. There's the VW system too but a lot more expensive and a German mate of ours (with an Edition 25 Cali) wasn't impressed with it. Most like it here though! I think you need separate BT kit for it too.

My only gripe is that they all take AGES to switch on - we had two loan vans with your system and the joy I had from switching a radio on and it actually working within seconds was a little OTT.

Ours works with the MF steering wheel too which is handy.

The best & first thing I bought for my cali was a set of VW monster matts they are brilliant & well worth the money. Basically heavy duty rubber matts for the front.

I'd vote for the monster mats too. Very happy with them and they trap a lot of dirt that would otherwise quickly find itself distributed in the van.

If your using the internal Vw front window covers it maybe time to invest in something that does the job better :)

A Westfield sEight as a towcar for popping to the shops. :lol:

A small caravan/pod with toilet and shower built in and a bed for the kids [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

choplee said:
If your using the internal Vw front window covers it maybe time to invest in something that does the job better :)

Got the Taylormade external silver screen, never had a drop of condensation. Also tried using it on the inside once, worked fine but it was a faff to keep in place... I was just trying to avoid it getting wet!

Californiaman said:
A Westfield sEight as a towcar for popping to the shops. :lol:

The most hilarious car even - take one tiny car, stick a big V8 in it - then hang on!! :lol:

Back