Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge not level...

Skewif

Skewif

It’s not what you have, it's where you wake up.
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have an issue with my fridge not being level in relation to the glass top. It’s lower on the sink side by several mm such that the seal doesn’t make contact. Does anyone know if there is any adjustment on the bracket that is attached to the fridge that the 3 screws inside the cupboard go into?

Has it always been like that? Or has it just happened?

First thing that springs to my head for a T5 is the fridge comes out for a earth shunt repair (at least the one recommended on this forum)

DO NOT drill any holes into the side of the fridge, as the evaporator coils are located between inside of fridge and outer cabinet

Has it always been like that? Or has it just happened?

First thing that springs to my head for a T5 is the fridge comes out for a earth shunt repair (at least the one recommended on this forum)
Think it has always been like that and only noticed after warrantee ran out. Really after finding out how bracket is attached to fridge to know if can be adjusted for hight. Don't really want to take fridge out if nothing I can do.

DO NOT drill any holes into the side of the fridge, as the evaporator coils are located between inside of fridge and outer cabinet
No drilling... I promise.

images.jpeg

This is just to show the evaporator coils that run on inside of fridge.
IT IS NOT THE CALI FRIDGE, IT IS JUST A REPRESENTATION

I think that the evaporator coils are situated only in the back, not sides. Thing inside the fridge always freeze if it’s to close to the back...
Any way, I think it is possible to adjust the height for someone handy with practical things. I don’t have a ready/simple solution, but if I sat down inside the Calli I’m surtain that I would come up with a idea that would work...
Picture from long ago when I did the earth shunt...you can see the bracket that is integrated to the side of the fridge, where the three screws will go...I have done many earth shunts here in Norway...

CC0D11C9-FFF9-4ADD-9068-EAE5ACC59F66.jpeg

I think that the evaporator coils are situated only in the back, not sides. Thing inside the fridge always freeze if it’s to close to the back...
Any way, I think it is possible to adjust the height for someone handy with practical things. I don’t have a ready/simple solution, but if I sat down inside the Calli I’m surtain that I would come up with a idea that would work...
Picture from long ago when I did the earth shunt...you can see the bracket that is integrated to the side of the fridge, where the three screws will go...I have done many earth shunts here in Norway...

View attachment 33411
Love that ingenious way to remove the fridge, this is the reason I've not done it on ours yet. I like this though...

View attachment 33411
Thank you so much, that picture is incredibly useful. Clearly no adjustment on the bracket attached to the fridge so that saves me taking the fridge out. Thanks again for your post, very much appreciated. :thumb

PS... Love your ingenious way to remove the fridge also.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
After 2006 the bracket integrated in the fridge sits a little bit lower.
It is pretty common for the holes thru the wall to become worn out, bigger. Maybe that’s the reason for it to sink down a bit?
You could take a thin steel plate and rivet it to the wall inside the cup board, drill new holes a couple mm higher up until it’s level. Put the fridge back and enjoy a beer.
Or put new holes in the bracket?

After 2006 the bracket integrated in the fridge sits a little bit lower.
It is pretty common for the holes thru the wall to become worn out, bigger. Maybe that’s the reason for it to sink down a bit?
You could take a thin steel plate and rivet it to the wall inside the cup board, drill new holes a couple mm higher up until it’s level. Put the fridge back and enjoy a beer.
Or put new holes in the bracket?
That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Elongate the holes upward then make a plate secured with the endlessly useful double sided automotive tape to re-adjust the height to level.

More of a Prosecco man but the effect is satisfyingly similar...:cheers

At your own risk be it. Who do you think did the original earth shunt mod? ME.
Removing fridge I would drill holes in wardrobe, or sink unit.
Worked for Electrolux for 20yrs and saw damage by MoHo and caravan installers drilling holes in sides of cabinets. Then expected us (Electrolux) to replace fridges free of charge. One company expected us to replace 200 units FoC, I told them no chance and they ended up in landfill.
So as I said beware.

At your own risk be it. Who do you think did the original earth shunt mod? ME.
Removing fridge I would drill holes in wardrobe, or sink unit.
Worked for Electrolux for 20yrs and saw damage by MoHo and caravan installers drilling holes in sides of cabinets. Then expected us (Electrolux) to replace fridges free of charge. One company expected us to replace 200 units FoC, I told them no chance and they ended up in landfill.
So as I said beware.
I'm sorry, please can you explain what you mean?

Use existing brackets on fridge and drill holes in side panel to raise or lower fridge
Thank you... That's exactly what I was planning on doing. Conformation of plan most appreciated.