Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Heritage Red Edition

I am considering buying a Hymer M-LI 620 for summer holidays as with 4 adults sized peeps and a large Dog the Cali is a bit of a squash on a four week European summer holiday that we do every year plus others. Can I have your ideas on what I may achieve for my fully loaded Beach Bulli it is late 2017 and has only 4300 miles and in perfect order. THe VW configurator shows a new price of £52600 with my factory options and I have added the £2500 wheels/Tyres plus replacement Headlights, Chrome Pack, Chrome Triple Grille, Full Towbar/Electrics, etc. Suggestion on starting price appreciated although this is not a definite decision yet?

Do you have experience with Hymers? I have been doing some research on one of the 4x4 vans. https://www.motorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes-for-sale/hymer/m-lt/570-60-edition-4x4/2160/

I believe that they come with a 6 year warranty, but I would be interested to know what they are like to deal with if you have any dramas.

What a shame you might parting company with your Cali as it looks like you've done an awesome job upgrading it over the past year; I've no idea what you might get for it but I imagine you will get a pretty good price at the high-end of the nearly new "Beech" prices but then again I'd guess you would have to stomach a bit of a hit given what you've spent on it. A quick look on AutoTrader brings up a few manual Beech Cali's on an 18 plate with next to no miles and they are in the late 40's and there are a few on a 17 plate of a similar spec in the early 40's, so maybe somewhere in between. If I was in your position, I'd start high and see where it goes.

Good luck whatever you decide to do ;)

^ Thanks Yes I was thinking £47500 and hopefully take £45/46.

The Hymer plan is only an idea at present so may well keep it just cannot justify both and a D4.

Last edited:
Do you have experience with Hymers? I have been doing some research on one of the 4x4 vans. https://www.motorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes-for-sale/hymer/m-lt/570-60-edition-4x4/2160/

I believe that they come with a 6 year warranty, but I would be interested to know what they are like to deal with if you have any dramas.

Yes we have had several big Hymers as well as Frankia & Dethleffs. Hymer is probably the best for holding its value and is generally seen as the best of the everyday van manufacturers. If covered by warranty they will pay.

I have just looked at the Van you are buying and its got the best configuration for resale but the 4X4 adds a lot and may limit the resale market although there is always somebody!

I recently took a similar (non 4X4) Hymer Van in PX against a Discovery 4 Landmark and it was very very nice indeed. I would have kept it but it was 2 berth. :thumb

Yes we have had several big Hymers as well as Frankia & Dethleffs. Hymer is probably the best for holding its value and is generally seen as the best of the everyday van manufacturers. If covered by warranty they will pay.

I have just looked at the Van you are buying and its got the best configuration for resale but the 4X4 adds a lot and may limit the resale market although there is always somebody!

I recently took a similar (non 4X4) Hymer Van in PX against a Discovery 4 Landmark and it was very very nice indeed. I would have kept it but it was 2 berth. :thumb

Cheers, mate.

Will get back with part numbers and cost tomorrow. It has a long 3m style sticky pad that attaches it very firmly. It is in three separate pieces.

^ Thanks Yes I was thinking £47500 and hopefully take £45/46.
Yours would be a great one to buy with all the stuff you have added, it´s like new.
You´d probably get a few quid more if it was lowered. lol. :thumb

I know what you´re saying about the hymer, luxury hols.

Let us know how the story develops, with the way you do things
i would imagine you´ll flog it this week.

fit fog lights, you'll hit 50K. :D

Seriously though, you've done a cracking job, think you need one summer out of it before selling,

I agree but after summer it will be a different beast after adding 4k miles and possible minor wear. Will also be 4-6 months older. Overal less chance of getting a great price. Anyway the wife is not keen on another big van so its in the balance... Picture taken yesterday at National Trust Chiltern Lookout.
20180601_130944.jpg

I have to admit I will miss it if it goes I do a lot of minor solo trips and it perfect for solo relaxation otherwise known as hiding from the wife...

I agree but after summer it will be a different beast after adding 4k miles and possible minor wear. Will also be 4-6 months older. Overal less chance of getting a great price
I know you are a trader so are probably thinking about margins etc, but secretly I think you want to enjoy it, it won't lose much if you sell it next spring. It's a great Beach, use it. :pinkbanana

Yes although bought for private use its hard not to think like a dealer. Chances are I will keep it.

I must admit I prefer the new T6 bike rack for a T6 but that's probably because I've had a T5 rack for eight years lol :)
and I must say again your vehicle is looking very smart. :thumb

T6 rack all the way. I can send you some pics if you like so you can see what it looks like on the van. Let me know.

Yes please re rack pics... :thanks

Some of the styling on my Van is bit old school in a modern way that's why I thought the T5 rack may suit.