Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Exclusive English Manual

ArcticMatt

ArcticMatt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hello all,

I've been trawling the net for literature for my Exclusive. I've found the Westfalia site which has the german version but its a pain manually translating the bits I need. The van came with the normal Multilvan manual in german and Norwegian but nothing for the exclusive. I found an old link on the T4 Forum but thats long since dead. I'm wondering if any of you kind folk have a copy?

Cheers

I thought Dan had loaded this into our useful Intel section?

The usual place for manuals is WestfaliaT4.info (which is in the useful info post), but they only have the German language manual for the Exclusive, which Matt already has.

If anyone finds one, would be good to send it to the WestfaliaT4 people, that's a very useful website.

I've got a pdf copy of the T4 Westy Cali manual if anyone wants it emailed. Obviously the Exclusive has the different roof and kitchen layout but the exact same type of control panel, hob, fridge, electrics AFAIK.

And presuming you have read all this topic below that will answer anything else!

www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=75351

Sorry, forgot to say it's the English translation I have.

Cheers chaps :thumb

I've downloaded almost every pdf file off that website and some of it helps. I'm wondering if they ever made an english version of the Exclusive manual seeing as though it was never sold in the UK. I was struggling to fold out the bottom bed and it was taking ages to translate the german version to make sure I was doing it right.

I've been though the T4 forum thread and didn't see owt on there but I could have easily missed things.

Cheers chaps :thumb

I've downloaded almost every pdf file off that website and some of it helps. I'm wondering if they ever made an english version of the Exclusive manual seeing as though it was never sold in the UK. I was struggling to fold out the bottom bed and it was taking ages to translate the german version to make sure I was doing it right.

I've been though the T4 forum thread and didn't see owt on there but I could have easily missed things.

You can lose weeks off your life trawling that topic, been there, done it.... :confused:

Have you checked Youtube? - lots of 'how to' videos on there for T4 Westys from Dutch and German camper hire firms aimed at new hirers on how to use the van and systems.

You can lose weeks off your life trawling that topic, been there, done it.... :confused:

Have you checked Youtube? - lots of 'how to' videos on there for T4 Westys from Dutch and German camper hire firms aimed at new hirers on how to use the van and systems.
Perfect! Good shout. I found this which kind of shows me what I was struggling with. It was mainly folding out the seat. I think mine needs a little lubrication.

Cheers :thumb

I emailed westfalia and asked them if they had an English manual, and if so could they send me a pdf. It's worth a try. Will let you all know what reply I get.

I've got a pdf copy of the T4 Westy Cali manual if anyone wants it emailed. Obviously the Exclusive has the different roof and kitchen layout but the exact same type of control panel, hob, fridge, electrics AFAIK.

And presuming you have read all this topic below that will answer anything else!

Hello - new and very green owner here. I would really appreciate an English version of the manual for general operation - mine's in german for a diesel manual 1992 T4 Westy Caravelle. But I'm on the road - currently in Loughborough and heading north. I don't yet know how to PM, or I'd ask where you are and maybe I could pick up.

Hello - new and very green owner here. I would really appreciate an English version manual - mine's in german for a 1992 T4 Westy Caravelle (diesel manual). But I'm on the road - currently in Loughborough and heading north. I don't yet know how to PM, or I'd ask where you are and maybe I could pick up

Hello - new and very green owner here. I would really appreciate an English version manual - mine's in german for a 1992 T4 Westy Caravelle (diesel manual). But I'm on the road - currently in Loughborough and heading north. I don't yet know how to PM, or I'd ask where you are and maybe I could pick up

This is the only English language manual that I know of, it is for a newer van, but they are pretty similar.

http://westfaliat4.info/VW-T4-Westfalia-CaliforniaCoach-Manual-English-1998.pdf

Ive never found a proper english translation yet. Just the handy links shown there. Its all pretty much the same and video from holland shows all the basics. Hope you manage ok. Its fun finding out how it all works. Good luck.

If you could email a pdf copy of the english T4 Westy Cali manual that would be great. Thanks

Hello all,

I've been trawling the net for literature for my Exclusive. I've found the Westfalia site which has the german version but its a pain manually translating the bits I need. The van came with the normal Multilvan manual in german and Norwegian but nothing for the exclusive. I found an old link on the T4 Forum but thats long since dead. I'm wondering if any of you kind folk have a copy?

Cheers
Hi arctic Matt, I have the same problem with my left hand drive westfalia California club and trying to translate on line isn't easy. If you have any luck let me know.
Cheers Bogie.

Sorry, forgot to say it's the English translation I have.
Hi Max. I’m new to the forum and can’t figure out how to message you. I have a 1995 T4 California Pop Top Weste and Im interested in your English version of the manual. If you still have it and don’t mind sharing it, I’d love to get a copy. And if you know when I can find an electrical schematics in English. I’m going to need that because my charge controller for my shore power burned up today taking a lot of the wiring with it. Luckily it was just a lot of smoke and no flames. Thanks in advance for you time and wisdom.

Not a manual but just a nice-to-have:

Attachments

• Folder_UK.pdf
    11.3 MB · Views: 45
Hi Max. I’m new to the forum and can’t figure out how to message you. I have a 1995 T4 California Pop Top Weste and Im interested in your English version of the manual. If you still have it and don’t mind sharing it, I’d love to get a copy. And if you know when I can find an electrical schematics in English. I’m going to need that because my charge controller for my shore power burned up today taking a lot of the wiring with it. Luckily it was just a lot of smoke and no flames. Thanks in advance for you time and wisdom.

No worries, I have uploaded it here so anyone can view:

Some things differ from a Coach version, but anyone is welcome for specfic questions...

Yes, as above please see the link to view/download the manual.

Back