Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

california ocean 2016 infotainment system

G

gazlarge

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi everyone
I have recently purchased a 2016 ocean and the infotainment system doesn't seem to have built in sat nav i know i can use maps from car play if i want that option but i just like a nav system that i can input my post codes in to .I'm not absolutley sure if I'm not missing something do they all have built in nav ? or is it that i have to insert a SD card with a nav download from VW any help with this will be much appreciated thanks

This was likely an option back in 2016. The media unit with Sat Nav will have two SD card slots on the front panel. If it just has one on the left hand side it doesn’t have sat nav built in.

I would just try to learn to get on with Apple Maps or Google Maps using CarPlay. It's superior over built-in sat nav, always has up-to-date maps and traffic information.

I would just try to learn to get on with Apple Maps or Google Maps using CarPlay. It's superior over built-in sat nav, always has up-to-date maps and traffic information.
Or Waze.

This was likely an option back in 2016. The media unit with Sat Nav will have two SD card slots on the front panel. If it just has one on the left hand side it doesn’t have sat nav built in.
Hi Kayleigh thank you for your prompt response and it does only have the one slot so looks like i will start having to enjoy apple car play . Seems a bit mean from vw that the nav must have been an extra at the time of the sale even my old vw golfs had built in nav but at the end of the day i suppose i was a little naive when i purchased my cali believing that there about the best that your money can buy iv soon discovered thats not necessarily true no cruise no seat height adjustments and probably many more things that have to be purchased as extras but at least the furniture and conversion side of things seem very good . Thanks for your help

No problem. I only have CarPlay, but even that was an option on a late T6 Beach! It works fine as long as you have phone data reception. You can also download the local Google maps if going to the Highlands for example. Base spec for the Ocean has much improved over the years, but T6 Beaches remained poverty spec until the end!
Drivers seat height adjustment was an option, but not with swivel seats, so most would have opted for the swivel seat.

Enjoy your T6 Ocean, great van :)

Join the club. We also purchased a 2016 Ocean. I toyed with replacing the head unit but honestly I’ve found it better just using Waze on my phone. Purchased a phone cradle and it’s been super easy. Still play Spotify etc through the infotainment system at the same time.Miracase 2nd Generation Car Phone... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B6B62QZ/?tag=eliteelect-21

Hi Javahart
Thank you for your reply and i do use my phone lots of times as google maps or apple maps are fine so obviously i do understand all of that its the fact that i wasn't absolutely sure if my ocean had built in nav and i at the time of posting presumed it worked from an SD card but my model never had the nav on it as iv now found out it was an extra at the time of sale . I find this so petty from VW as these campers are trumped up to be the top of the range lol even my old VW golfs had nav as standard and were probably half the price of a brand new ocean . Well done VW there certainly not a charity everythings at an extra cost.