Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swivelling seats & sat nav

Steve.S

Steve.S

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm on the cusp of buying a 63 plate California Ocean, Se Tdi 180 4 Motion. Looks really nice but the dealer never demonstrated the swivelling seats. They are heated and I have a funny feeling that because of this they don't swivel.
In addition he tried to show me the sat nav but again never actually got it to work. I have a feeling that it requires an SD card but could not see one. Any advice would be really appreciated as I need to be sure before parting with my hard-earned cash.

Ask him to swivel them.

I'm not sure "comfort seats" were around in 2013. They seemed to be an aberration introduced with the T6.

Perhaps he doesn't know how? I was in a dealers the other week looking at the Cali on show and the "sales executive" got in, sat on the back seat and started to talk to me. I said if he swivelled the front seat round we could have a face to face conversation. He admitted he didn't want to do that as he's frightened he may scuff the trim. I had to do it for him.

Yes, the Sat Nav needs a CD or whatever they are called these days, DVD I think, and those cost over £200 so make sure it has one.

Ask him to swivel them.

I'm not sure "comfort seats" were around in 2013. They seemed to be an aberration introduced with the T6.

Perhaps he doesn't know how? I was in a dealers the other week looking at the Cali on show and the "sales executive" got in, sat on the back seat and started to talk to me. I said if he swivelled the front seat round we could have a face to face conversation. He admitted he didn't want to do that as he's frightened he may scuff the trim. I had to do it for him.

Yes, the Sat Nav needs a CD or whatever they are called these days, DVD I think, and those cost over £200 so make sure it has one.
Thanks, that's really helpful. I'm going back on Monday to to clear these issue up.

If he will not demonstrate then check yourself. The lever to swivel is approximately central at the front of the seat. Find it and pull it and voila! if the seat swings round then you can stop taking the valium.

The eject button for the DVD is on the top left of the screen. Press it and see if one pops out.

Really important for you to have peace of mind. It's a big outlay.

If he will not demonstrate then check yourself. The lever to swivel is approximately central at the front of the seat. Find it and pull it and voila! if the seat swings round then you can stop taking the valium.

The eject button for the DVD is on the top left of the screen. Press it and see if one pops out.

Really important for you to have peace of mind. It's a big outlay.
You're a saviour Granny Jen. All duly noted. Thank you.

I'm on the cusp of buying a 63 plate California Ocean, Se Tdi 180 4 Motion. Looks really nice but the dealer never demonstrated the swivelling seats. They are heated and I have a funny feeling that because of this they don't swivel.
In addition he tried to show me the sat nav but again never actually got it to work. I have a feeling that it requires an SD card but could not see one. Any advice would be really appreciated as I need to be sure before parting with my hard-earned cash.
Comfort Seats, non-swivelling, were not introduced until the T6. So unless they are non standard they should swivel. 2 levers on the Front. 1 black with a ring end that slides forward/backwards and a Silver metal lever that activates the swivel.
If the SatNav is the large screen RNS510 the the SatNav programme and Map Data is held on the internal hard drive. You only need the DVD or SD card for updates. About £100 from VW.

Last edited:
Comfort Seats, non-swivelling, were not introduced Unit the T6. So unless they are non standard they should swivel. 2 levers on the Front. 1 black with a ring end that slides forward/backwards and a Silver metal lever that activates the swivel.
If the SatNav is the large screen RNS510 the the SatNav programme and Map Data is held on the internal hard drive. You only need the DVD or SD card for updates. About £100 from VW.
Brilliant, thank you.

Our T6 has built in sat nav requires a SD card with maps to work fits in left hand slot. Dealer popped it it on collection

Having Heated seats has no impact on the swivel seats.

I have heated seats and they swivel.

Our T6 has built in sat nav requires a SD card with maps to work fits in left hand slot. Dealer popped it it on collection
But the OP is talking about a 2013 vehicle and SatNav.

I have a 2012 se with heated seats and they swivel .Probably didn't know how to swivel them.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm off to the dealer tomorrow to make them show me.

My 2010 SE has heated swivel seats

If it is the RNS 315 (rather than the 510) then the satnav memory will be loaded into the stereo and doesn't require an SD card to be inserted unless updating. You can find the updates for both pretty cheaply now a days but they are "dodgy" copies to be fair so be cautious.

The map updates for both these stereos are extortionate and terrible in equal measure. A few owners on here have swaped them for a sub £200 RCD330 which has carplay etc.

What happened then @S Schooling ? - don't leave us hanging man ...

All good I'm pleased to say. Seats swivel and the dealer will supply an SD card. Deposit paid and will collect next month. Can't wait!

All good I'm pleased to say. Seats swivel and the dealer will supply an SD card. Deposit paid and will collect next month. Can't wait!

Great to hear you have had a positive result. Now looking forward to your tales of travel :)

if you have app connect Google maps is a great sat nav and is free. don't fork out 200 sheets. also the Google voice control works good too. looks cool as hell to passengers when you say ok Google. where's the nearest pub? and they all pop up on the screen.updates are free too.

if you have app connect Google maps is a great sat nav and is free. don't fork out 200 sheets. also the Google voice control works good too. looks cool as hell to passengers when you say ok Google. where's the nearest pub? and they all pop up on the screen.updates are free too.
The Original Post was regarding a 2013 California with built in SatNav - prior to App Connect etc:.

The Original Post was regarding a 2013 California with built in SatNav - prior to App Connect etc:.
never new that. I assumed non sat nav vans like mine used app connect. anyway sounds like it's sorted. pics needed