Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Security

P

Peter Guiton Cali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Good afternoon

Just purchased a Cali Ocean-anyone got any experience with Ghost Alarms ??

Cheers

Welcome. Its been discussed lots in the past. Have a quick search, there is plenty of opinion / experience in other threads.
:welcome

I like mine too. Very quickly becomes second nature starting vehicle.

Thanks for sharing this. Glad I went for a mechanical option having read this. Appreciate its an isolated incident but can you imagine the nightmare if it happened when you were away from home.

Have had it on a car previously and will be the first thing I fit when we finally get our Cali. It gives great peace of mind, knowing it is pretty much un nick-able. What I found great was when washing, loading, de-icing, cleaning etc, you don’t even have to worry about some opportunist thief jumping in and driving it off if you’ve left the keys in the vehicle or even in the ignition. They aren’t going anywhere without the code. I can see that being more of a benefit with a Cali, ie turning up at a campsite or parking area and faffing about with other stuff and leaving your keys in the ignition.
I don’t think you can really understand the benefits of Ghost until you’ve had/used it. The only time I found it a pain is when I took it for a service, as the dealers don’t seem to understand it very well.
I’m not going to let one or two negative posts put me off getting one again. It is quite pricey but so is the van, and any other decent security option.

Got Autowatch Ghost Dec 20, no issues to date. Just gone to service and you need an alternative service button coded to put in service/valet mode alternative button should be identified in the handbook, unfortunately mine wasn’t. Could be any configuration of any of the buttons (stumped) spoke with Autowatch, sorted by return of a text. EXCELLENT!!!

Also worth considering mechanical options such as the bear lock.
we have a Construct (same as Bearlock) as well, next to some other security measurements as an OBD-lock, Track and Trace, etc.

I heard several stories of thieves that just tow away the Cali instead of trying to start it. So at least 1 mechanical option, next to an immobilizer is necessary.