Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California starting problem

Janno

Janno

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi all,
I'm a new member with a 2008 California SE 4motion (28,000 miles)and I'm having an ongoing intermittent starting problem with the engine either hot or cold and wondered if you guys could advise.
Sometimes when I turn the key to start....nothing but lights on the dashboard and no dimming, I can turn the ignition key fully backwards and forwards a few times and she starts up just fine and runs great....battery and starter motor appear good.
I looked on T5 forums and they say to check an ecu relay that should have been upgraded from a black to a grey colour heavy duty item but I cannot find any relays anywhere on the vehicle-and the standard manual is useless.......apart from this little glitch I love it......any info on recommended mods from standard would be appreciated.......also how can I speak to people on threads my computer won't let me?, do I have to become a VIP member?.......thanks Janno

Hi all,
I'm a new member with a 2008 California SE 4motion (28,000 miles)and I'm having an ongoing intermittent starting problem with the engine either hot or cold and wondered if you guys could advise.
Sometimes when I turn the key to start....nothing but lights on the dashboard and no dimming, I can turn the ignition key fully backwards and forwards a few times and she starts up just fine and runs great....battery and starter motor appear good.
I looked on T5 forums and they say to check an ecu relay that should have been upgraded from a black to a grey colour heavy duty item but I cannot find any relays anywhere on the vehicle-and the standard manual is useless.......apart from this little glitch I love it......any info on recommended mods from standard would be appreciated.......also how can I speak to people on threads my computer won't let me?, do I have to become a VIP member?.......thanks Janno
Hi
Just to confirm, private messaging is for VIP members only.
I didn't have the starting problem with my T5, but VIP would give you access to download some wiring diagrams to, I believe.

The engine won't start until the glow piug light goes out.

Back