Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California t6.1 - Insulation

V

vrayco

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello everyone,

I'm about to buy a van, but I'm a bit concern about how the sun affects the interior temperature when sun is strong. Do you know if the vehicle comes with any insulation system like "Kailflex?

Thanks in advance guys!

Hello everyone,

I'm about to buy a van, but I'm a bit concern about how the sun affects the interior temperature when sun is strong. Do you know if the vehicle comes with any insulation system like "Kailflex?

Thanks in advance guys!
No. No VW California has any form of body panel insulation. Not now nor in the past.

I believe that the no insulation is because it’s steel bodywork and condensation/damp in an insulated panel would cause it to rust. Caravans are aluminium and don’t have this problem. Many converters do install insulation though

I believe that the no insulation is because it’s steel bodywork and condensation/damp in an insulated panel would cause it to rust. Caravans are aluminium and don’t have this problem. Many converters do install insulation though
But conversions don't have the interior plastic trim that the California has thus producing an enclosed insulating Air gap/chamber between the external body panel and interior trim.

IMG_20200428_124920.jpg
This is about the most insulated panel of the van.

Back