California upholstery upgrade

Perfectos

Perfectos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I bought leather offcuts off the web (15 quid) and intend to make socks for the arm rests and possibly seat covers by glueing them (rather than sewing) wife says i am mad. But hey customisation. I will try and if not I will buy a full hide and do it properly.
You can buy ready made at, arm rest covers, (full leather) they simply slip over the existing arm rest and are fitted over the original the open sides and end is then tucked into the joint between the plastic / cloth, held captive by the padded arm rest.
This is what the retrimmers do on the arm rest (leave the original material in place and over cover the arm rest) apparently they hold their shape better that way.
I would not contemplate glueing anything onto the existing you will simply ruin the original and make it impossible to remove at any stage in future should you need to.

edit : from a well known multi colour auction site

AA9D87B1-8E45-4FDE-B7BD-A376AB7A5B21.png

P

PeteS

Vehicle
N/A
You could try Transcal they have a place in Avonmouth and I have seen some of there work and if looks good. I think they also have a place in Scotland as well

Loz

Loz

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
You could try Transcal they have a place in Avonmouth and I have seen some of there work and if looks good. I think they also have a place in Scotland as well
I spoke to Transcal and they said they didn't do seats at the Avonmouth branch.

VW California Club