Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calitop Wardrobe Shelves

Good afternoon,

During our last trip (last week) we wanted to improve our "workflows".

The wardrobe space is very good, but to get things in and out is not that easy (maybe if pillows and blankets are used). We used to use the wardrobe as storage space for food (in various boxes) but that doesn't work for us anymore.

We thought to put shelves in the wardrobe and store cloth (T-shirts, trousers etc.) which will maximize the available storage space and give easy access to things we need. The food storage will move back into boxes on the rear drawer.

As mentioned before in here the shelves from Calitop seems quite interesting. The curved shelves seems to give good access even in the lower part of the wardrobe (from the front).

Just wanted to check if somebody recently bought and installed one. I had a look at the video from their web page and read the online manual, it seems that the installation is quite straight forward. It would be brilliant if somebody could share their experience before I place the order.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Eberhard
Installed ours at beginning of May. I found them very straightforward to install (see posts 17 & 19) and believe me that must mean it is very easy! Used the van last weekend and for us it made the wardrobe far better.

Just ordered a set of wardrobe shelves from Calitop. There is a video on the site that shows installation - it looks pretty straightforward. However, the shelves do appear to rock a little. This is probably because there are 4 supports, which are adjustable in height, so unless they are exactly matched, there will inevitably be some rocking.

I was thinking, maybe it is only necessary to install three supports - two at the rear and one at the front. That way the shelves cannot rock. Any thoughts on whether this is a good solution? Would there be sufficient support?

Just ordered a set of wardrobe shelves from Calitop. There is a video on the site that shows installation - it looks pretty straightforward. However, the shelves do appear to rock a little. This is probably because there are 4 supports, which are adjustable in height, so unless they are exactly matched, there will inevitably be some rocking.

I was thinking, maybe it is only necessary to install three supports - two at the rear and one at the front. That way the shelves cannot rock. Any thoughts on whether this is a good solution? Would there be sufficient support?
Good morning,

I installed the shelves last year. As far as I can remember it was quite straight forward to install it. The supports sit on the bottom of the wardrobe. Because of this it is easy to ensure that they are the same height.

But for preparation the brackets have to be fixed to the supports. I took my time here to ensure that they are the same height. To ensure I have the brackets in the heights I wanted, I fixed the supports into the wardrobe with tabe and put in the shelves to see how it looks like. After some adjustments I installed it then properly. Of course it is possible to change the brackets even if the supports are properly glued in, but it is not as convinient.

I recommend to install all 4x supports. The brackets can be adjusted to ensure no wobble.

Regards,
Eberhard

I fitted them, they are great, I am delighted.
However for extra support I drilled a small hole though the shelves and used a nut and bolt instead of the Velcro. A lot more sturdy.
Incidentally Calitop kitchen cupboard drawers are excellent too.

I tried to order these a few weeks ago but two days later I had my money refunded, when I queried I was told I needed to blame the unintelligent people for voting Brexit !! I found this very unprofessional.

I think I can live without them

I tried to order these a few weeks ago but two days later I had my money refunded, when I queried I was told I needed to blame the unintelligent people for voting Brexit !! I found this very unprofessional.

I think I can live without them
The unintelligent are those who turn their back on UK sales. Calicap can still ship to the UK if they want to and can cover any additional cost they incur with increased prices if necessary. Do they not sell to any country outside the EU or just the UK? They need a new sales director with some focus on the export market. Crazy policy.

I received my shelves today. There are no instructions, but there is a video on the site which shows installation. However, there are 4 extra slightly longer bolts with nuts that I cannot figure out what they are for! It is a 2 shelf kit. I have put the supports roughly on the struts - the 4 longer bolts are shown in the container.

Anyone know what they might be for?

calitop.jpg

I received my shelves today. There are no instructions, but there is a video on the site which shows installation. However, there are 4 extra slightly longer bolts with nuts that I cannot figure out what they are for! It is a 2 shelf kit. I have put the supports roughly on the struts - the 4 longer bolts are shown in the container.

Anyone know what they might be for?

View attachment 74606
Hello Rololux,

I installed those shelves some time ago, but I can't remember the small screws. Hm.

Before I glued the holders in, I fixed them with masking tape and put in the shelves to check if it is ok with the height. It is possible to change the height of the shelves after the holders are glued in, but it is easier to change the brackets outside.

1614947332967.png

That's how mine is looking.

Enjoy the installation.

Well organized California,
Eberhard

Hello Rololux,

I installed those shelves some time ago, but I can't remember the small screws. Hm.

Before I glued the holders in, I fixed them with masking tape and put in the shelves to check if it is ok with the height. It is possible to change the height of the shelves after the holders are glued in, but it is easier to change the brackets outside.

View attachment 74608

That's how mine is looking.

Enjoy the installation.

Well organized California,
Eberhard
Thanks Eberhard. Good advice, and looks like you have done an excellent installation. I think they may have changed the kit a bit - it also came with 4 black caps, that I assume go on top of the supports to prevent things snagging on the raw metal.
caps.jpg

I honestly do not think that these extra bolts are needed - cannot see where they would fit.

Thanks Eberhard. Good advice, and looks like you have done an excellent installation. I think they may have changed the kit a bit - it also came with 4 black caps, that I assume go on top of the supports to prevent things snagging on the raw metal.
View attachment 74610

I honestly do not think that these extra bolts are needed - cannot see where they would fit.
Yes, you are right - I didn't get those black caps for the brackets. They look nice. Maybe I will send them an email to ask .... :)

Back