Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camp sites near Amsterdam

Duxdeluxe

Duxdeluxe

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Could anyone recommend a camp site close to Amsterdam, not fussed on big sites but must be easy reach by walking/bus into the city
Thinking of going early June so will I need to book also ?
Cheers

Camping Zeeburg - https://www.campingzeeburg.nl/

Stayed here for five days a few years ago. Five or ten minute walk from a tram into the city. Decent facilities and very helpful staff. Worth getting a multi day pass for the tram service. Make sure to visit Moeders restaurant for some genuine hearty Dutch cuisine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might use the search engine on Californiaclub.com. Just type in “camping amsterdam”. A lot of hits, like camping Zeeburg, Gaasperdam, and others not far away from the city. If you don’ t like huge campings, maybe Rietveen in Landsmeer is something for you. Don’t forget to take your bikes to Holland!

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Could anyone recommend a camp site close to Amsterdam, not fussed on big sites but must be easy reach by walking/bus into the city
Thinking of going early June so will I need to book also ?
Cheers

Have stayed at camping Zeeburg, had a lovely time, excellent facilities, on-site shop with fresh baked bread, fresh produce and excellent transport to central Amsterdam nearby. The communal cooking facilities looked very good too.

There was one troublesome family during our stay camped next to us and the local police and campsite owners dealt with the situation very well and asked them to move off the site. Unfortunately (embarrassingly), they were from England. This aside I would highly recommend the site as this was most likely an isolated incident.

(Edit to add that they weren’t causing trouble to us but generally being very loud and arguing with each other).

Last edited:
I asked thesame Q as we planned a trip , but so far we did not go....
Lots of good tips from forummembers here:

We stayed here Easter 18 and really liked the site. Friendly, helpful staff and clean facilities. You are a little further out than some sites but this was more family friendly than other campsites we saw. 5 minute walk to the train station from the campsite then 15/20 mins to Amsterdam Central Station.
Would stay here again if we go back. Enjoy your trip.

Back