Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camp-sites

B

bounty40

I'm new to the camper van scene .I would like to take my daughter (aged 9) away for a week in the van over Easter is there a decent website for good camp-sites with atmosphere?? , Also ideas over the country of places worth a visit ?? Just seems like a mine field !!

That's a good site and seems to have pretty much everything listed, I also use coolcamping (although not as good out of season and quite a lot of tent only sites).

Both allow you to filter by your preferences so you can whittle down the list of sites to what you require.

We had a fabulous Easter trip last year at a bargain price. We booked through Red Funnel ferries to the Isle. Of Wight and you get a choice of campsites. we stayed at the Orchard one which had indoor and outdoor pools and other stuff. Charlotte was 11 at the time. Loads to do on the Isle of Wight and camp site was very good. I think it was £130 all in ferry and camp site together for 5 nights.

At Whitsun we did the Jurrassic Coast in Dorset staying in Charmouth. Did a fossil safari (book online) went to Lyme Regis another day. Campsite in charmouth had anf toilets but a fab gym and spa and indoor pool, so we just went to the toilets in there.

We have also done Hillhead in Devon which is a Caravan Club site but loads to do round Torbay.

Enjoy
Zebedee

Try the Allan Rogers campsite guides. They have been reviewing campsites since the 1960's and only include the best sites.
Highly recommended for both uk and abroad...

Thank you I just looked on Alan Rogers , really good, seem as you say , the best sites - thank you

Back