Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camperjam 2021, Jazz Events, what's wrong?

bvddobb

bvddobb

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Does anyone on here know what's happening with Camperjam 2021 and with Jazz Events, the organisers? Have they gone out of business or something, due to the awful event season this year?

We tried to book for Camperjam 2021 (the website is up, tickets handled there via ticketshed), but we can't finish our order. The system says it can't calculate delivery costs to NL (??? is this a Brexit thing? Was never an issue the last times we went!), can we please call them.
We called the number listed, it turned out it is not from Jazz Events but from some Jazz Publishing or so, handling advertisements and subscriptions to magazines, they know nothing of Camperjam or Jazz Events. They gave us another number. There we just get voice mail. No response whatsoever.
We sent e-mails twice, enquiring about our ordering issues: no response whatsoever.
We used the chat function on their site: no response whatsoever.
We used the chat on their Facebook page: no response whatsoever.

Have they gone bust? Is Camperjam not happening next year?

I think it’s a more wide spread issue. My Dutch pal is coming over for Christmas (after 3 years in Kuwait) and wants to try out camping with the new van and Eriba. He’s been reaearching sites and finding most are not accepting any bookings that far in advance (and he is only checking ones that are normally open all year round). It seems many are being conservative and waiting until next year...

Thanks @AlisonF, but our point is not they don’t accept our booking yet, they do offer booking. The point is the booking process is broken, their site offers the wrong tel nr and they keep stumm on enquiries. Totally stumm. That, all together, is worrying...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Just bumping this up one time. Noone any idea?

Finally received a response today. Excuses for the delay, and the site has been updated so we could order now.

So, we’re on for next year’s Camperjam! Let’s hope we can go, Corona and Brexit willing! :Nailbiting

Finally received a response today. Excuses for the delay, and the site has been updated so we could order now.

So, we’re on for next year’s Camperjam! Let’s hope we can go, Corona and Brexit willing! :Nailbiting
Exactly why should Brexit stop you coming? Unless of course your government stops all travel to the UK in which case you'll lose you tickets, so better make sure you have Travel Insurance.:thumb

More likely to be stopped by Covid 19.

Exactly why should Brexit stop you coming?
No idea. All we know there is still no deal yet. So, noone knows how travel between UK and EU will work in 2021.

In my days I travelled a lot behind the Iron Curtain for work, before the Berlin Wall came down, and the Israel and Arab Middle-East. There are more Kafka-like travel arrangements possible than any sane person can imagine, I can tell you from experience, just because one regime or bureaucracy wants to spite the other...

But, we are optimistic! We bought our tickets and we booked the ferry!:thumb

sorry I only just saw this...most of staff are furloughed some are starting back 1 or 2 days a week...
they have definitely NOT gone bust!!!
sounds like its up and running now tho..
let's hope 2021 sees better times...

Well first up I have been off grid in pembrokeshire all week; being tier 1 we were allowed in last Friday and today we got our exit visas b4 lockdown time! and no not in the Cali but a posh remote cottage!!!!
anyway..
I no longer have any association whatsoever with Jazz or their events / shows. Very long story but the plug was pulled on Camper & Commercial magazine on day due to go to print.
Camper & Commercial magazine is now a totally indie small company run by a bunch of old bus enthusiasts, including me, and the re scheduled issue is now at the printer. If you used to be,like me, a classic bus owner (and I know quite a few of you are and a few of you still have a Split!!!) the good news is from now on the new Camper & Commercial is an air cooled bus only magazine ;)

Last edited:
Sorry if i’ve missed the answer but is CamperJam 2021 on or off?
If it’s on does anybody recommend it for a 3-day trip?

Not been before, I was unable to go 2019, so booked 2020, the event has lots of positive feed back on this forum.

Who know what 2021 will be like???? Events organisers, like everyone, lives in hope..

Back