Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campervan cookout project

I do logo design, webdesign and graphic design...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay I didnt see the post Sapto.

Little update on the project.

• Things are on hold through winter as its not really good conditions for filming outdoors. Hope to start filming the backlog of recipes in March time. We already have about 8 recipes queued up, everything from thai green curry to simpler recipes.
  • We have a logo (and also have a second one with a splitscreen)
  • Website is done and is live but hasn't much content yet. It's not on search engines but you can have a sneak peak at http://www.campervancookout.com.
    • I am looking at integrating a recipe app or function into the website to make it good on mobiles as well as videos.
  • We have ordered a slidepod as we think this will be brilliant for us for holidays and as a perfect means to film cooking on location. We are quite excited to receive it.
  • We have some branded aprons and shirts on their way ready for filming we really want to portray a brand and it will be as much about lifestyle as the food. We aren't chefs but we enjoy our food out and about.
  • The plan is accept recipes from readers and make a short video of the best ones. We want to send the submitter a Campervan cookout apron. This seems the most fitting branded item to send out to folks as a thank you for sharing.
  • Below is an example proof of our shirts and aprons we plan to wear.

upload_2017-1-5_11-16-47.png

Last edited:
Wow,that site works well:thumb and looks interesting. Congratulations.

Great idea!
I am sure you will know of this book too, but just in case.
upload_2017-1-5_12-40-43.jpeg
Will you offer equipment reviews too? Slow cookers, BBQ's etc.

Edit: Sorry, I was rather late to this conversation and for some reason some of the earlier posts were not visible to me, but they are now! So sorry for duplicating. :embarrased

Last edited:
This is looking good Matt. Just had a peek at your site. I am sure we can give you a nice recipe for our paella once you are up and running.

Sorry for the delay I didnt see the post Sapto.

Little update on the project.

• Things are on hold through winter as its not really good conditions for filming outdoors. Hope to start filming the backlog of recipes in March time. We already have about 8 recipes queued up, everything from thai green curry to simpler recipes.
  • We have a logo (and also have a second one with a splitscreen)
  • Website is done and is live but hasn't much content yet. It's not on search engines but you can have a sneak peak at http://www.campervancookout.com.
    • I am looking at integrating a recipe app or function into the website to make it good on mobiles as well as videos.
  • We have ordered a slidepod as we think this will be brilliant for us for holidays and as a perfect means to film cooking on location. We are quite excited to receive it.
  • We have some branded aprons and shirts on their way ready for filming we really want to portray a brand and it will be as much about lifestyle as the food. We aren't chefs but we enjoy our food out and about.
  • The plan is accept recipes from readers and make a short video of the best ones. We want to send the submitter a Campervan cookout apron. This seems the most fitting branded item to send out to folks as a thank you for sharing.
  • Below is an example proof of our shirts and aprons we plan to wear.

Looking good Matt. Look forward to seeing the formal launch :thumb

i guess you already know this book (there is an English Version too):
I like the content although I prefer a different design (clean, simple).

The point about a mobile version is great and an easy "messuring-system" (f.e. 2 spoons) would help on the road.

Do you select your menue by country, personal favourites? Will there be a section where others can share their ideas?

The easy measuring system is a great idea

All looking good. Liking it.

Trying to figure out a way to transport the Big Green Egg on the back of the Cali. :bananadance2

So the weather is getting better so we are getting ready to get working and video some new recipes.

Current plans:
Do some filming for incidental footage and trips. Photoshoot of van and cooking setup.
Video review of the slidepod solution ( with 2nd revisit after a period of use);
Source some royalty free music that suits the mood.

First few planned recipes for videoing are intended to be easy to make.
Chicken Thai green curry (my favourite meal to make but maybe an outdoor recipe)
3 Bean Chilli with skillet cornbread
Aubergine capanata (this one is so nice we've test cooked it about 4 times now)
Morrocan style chicken with flatbreads.

We appreciate cooking is all over the net, but we hope to present it as a bit of a lifestyle thing with that campervan theme running through. Hopefully with time we can encourage folk to contribute ideas or recipes and maybe even share others videos/pages.

My only concern is I have a face that was made for radio.

http://campervancookout.com/video-intro/

The weather keeps getting in the way booked a week off to get a few recipes videoed and every time we do it rains all day haha.

At least I managed to get an intro done.

Lots of trips planned so they are getting filmed whether it's raining or not haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The weather keeps getting in the way booked a week off to get a few recipes videoed and every time we do it rains all day haha.

Lots of trips planned so they are getting films whether it's raining or not haha.

Good to see this taking shape. Maybe CaliforniaCamping will cross paths with Campervan Cookout one day! :)

Lots of trips planned so they are getting filmed whether it's raining or not haha.

Hi Matt

Great intro and very nice way how you filmed (I am not a big fan of super fast cutting/music clip videos so I realy like it).

Keep it going and keep us posted please!

Cheers
sapto

Just another update as I know we've gone quiet on this..

Two recipes are now filmed and the footage backed up many more are planned. We have some time in June and July set aside for more filming.

I had a 3 week delay that stopped progress caused by my macbook pro failing and it having to be returned for a repair. A small fortune later and it is back and working (almost) as well as before.

So I am all but done with the first video edit, which includes some footage from the Brean meet in the intro. All that is left to do is the commentary/voice over and fine tune it. It's currently about 6 and a half minutes and I'm thinking of squeezing it down a bit further. I am also pondering a very short recipe video of each one that can be watched in less than a minute and paused as you go through which will be more suitable to phone users, although maybe just a text recipe may be easier in that respect? I will see how the first two are received before I decide.

We also have a little intro sting done and dusted which I quite like, music will no doubt change though.

We have learnt a lot from our mistakes on this first edit and am confident that it will get slicker and better with time :)

Also planning to try the omnia stovetop oven for some campervan baking at some point (recommended on here) and will share our experiences on another video too.

First video, plenty of room for improvement but pretty pleased for the first attempt.

Salmon

Grate a thumb of ginger into a bowl

Half a lemon, zest half of the lemon.

Add two tablespoons of honey

Add one tablespoon of dijon mustard

Stir until the honey dissolves into the lemon juice

Set a burner to high heat

Use a dry frying pan

Add the salmon skin side down

3-4minutes on each side, salmon will turn light pink.

When a thin sliver of dark pink remains on the salmon pour over the glaze

1 minute each side

30 seconds each edge.

Check its light pink all the way through.

Season to taste

Back