Campervan cookout project

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I am working on a new website, specifically aimed at cooking in campervans.

The intention is to have videos recipes, reviews, blog posts about campervan for 1 or 2 gas rings. I need a logo however and don't know where to go. I see lots of cheap logo designers out there but how do you choose?

Any ideas or experience of getting a logo done?

Cheers,

Matt.

The intention is to have videos recipes, reviews, blog posts about campervan for 1 or 2 gas rings. I need a logo however and don't know where to go. I see lots of cheap logo designers out there but how do you choose?

Cheers,

Matt.

Not sure I can help Matt, but I love the sound of your website. I'll look forward to seeing that launched. Consider me a subscriber :thumb

Anni at AB Design: http://annibisson.com/agency/ is suitably gifted & reasonable but her website is undergoing a refresh so you would need to email her for examples of similar work. She's very VW friendly (they've had everything from splits to T4s) and her logo work is as good as any of the major agencies we've used.

I had ours done by vista print .....

Low rent I know but hey .........

Now, to neatly hijack Matt's thread ....

anyone know of any good web designers?

I know of a good web designer, chap called Martin Dew, I will get you his details for you.

Thank you.... :D

(another successful thread hijack ....... )

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Matt

What a great idea!

I am a Art Director for a living, and might be able to help you. ;-) just send a PM if you are interested.

Thanks everyone I can't believe how many recommendations I received. I'm going to have a look at all the links and suggestions.

The website will be called Campervan Cookout. In the final stages of design now, just settling on colour schemes and then a logo.

Then the work of filling it with content begins. Well it already began but we have plans to record some videos whilst we are away in the Cali. :) haven't decided if videos or recipes are best approach yet.

What would you prefer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please ensure can be accessed by mobile internet for when we are travelling. Also suggest panel of tasters - I volunteer first!

I was a graphic designer/creative director (logos, branding, packaging, etc) for forty years, then I got my T5 three years ago to enable me to give up project work and spend most of the year travelling around Europe!

Sorry Matt

i guess you already know this book (there is an English Version too):
1d87863ee31c454f686a1f2a975493a4.jpg

I like the content although I prefer a different design (clean, simple).

The point about a mobile version is great and an easy "messuring-system" (f.e. 2 spoons) would help on the road.

Do you select your menue by country, personal favourites? Will there be a section where others can share their ideas?

Thanks everyone I can't believe how many recommendations I received. I'm going to have a look at all the links and suggestions.

The website will be called Campervan Cookout. In the final stages of design now, just settling on colour schemes and then a logo.

Then the work of filling it with content begins. Well it already began but we have plans to record some videos whilst we are away in the Cali. :) haven't decided if videos or recipes are best approach yet.

What would you prefer?

Bring on Mary Berry for the Great British Campervan Cookout off.

i guess you already know this book (there is an English Version too):
1d87863ee31c454f686a1f2a975493a4.jpg

I like the content although I prefer a different design (clean, simple).

The point about a mobile version is great and an easy "messuring-system" (f.e. 2 spoons) would help on the road.

Do you select your menue by country, personal favourites? Will there be a section where others can share their ideas?

I've not read it but I will check it out thanks.

The one thing we've really thought about is how to reduce the need for equipment and to try and remove the need to measure stuff.

It will take some experimentation and practice but hopefully we can learn to make things as simple as possible.

Hi Matt,

Good luck in your venture, however if you are not aware of Martin Dorey, you might want to be....he had a great series on TV a few years back + now he is a Cali owner(the Bay has gone).

http://martindorey.com/

Yeah I did see some of his vids on YouTube last year and I know he has a Slidepod now. They were enjoyable.

I've not read any of his books. Weird as it sounds I don't want to be influenced by him too much. That said I'm unlikely to gather fresh shellfish on the beach as he did so I'm probably aiming at different kind of cooking anyway. I'm not nearly so adventurous as Mr Dorey :-D

What would you prefer?

Both video and recipe. Like this. https://www.facebook.com/fxpersonal...2119540236422/994737363974633/?type=2&theater

This one done by my Personal Trainer.

Matt,

I've used 99Designs.com a few times for logo design... if you're not familiar with the concept imagine a reverse form of ebay for creative services....

You specify what you want and what you will pay and designers submit proposals for your logo.

You 'rate' each proposal - which helps to steer all the designers towards a better result, you can give private individual feedback and you don't have to pay a bean unless you are happy with the result.

99 Designs suggest price levels Gold/Silver/Bronze for each job type, although you can offer what you want.

This is the only place we get design work done at my company now and since we started using them we've not wasted any money on poor quality design work.

HTH

Back