Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campervan cookout project

Quick tip on peeling ginger courtesy of Queen Mary Berry - use a teaspoon to scrape the skin off. So easy and the teaspoon doesn't get caught in the ginger 'knots' like a peeler.

Nice recipe @MattBW. We do one similar using soy sauce, honey and garlic for a slightly stickier oriental twist.

Quick tip on peeling ginger courtesy of Queen Mary Berry - use a teaspoon to scrape the skin off. So easy and the teaspoon doesn't get caught in the ginger 'knots' like a peeler.

Nice recipe @MattBW. We do one similar using soy sauce, honey and garlic for a slightly stickier oriental twist.

Thanks we will give that a go, not easy to peel.

Funnily enough we have found swapping the lemon juice with soy sauce also works although that was on chicken. I'll have to give yours a go too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it! Excellent job. Everything looks so neat and controlled. I have one of those little graters...it came in a Christmas cracker and has to be one of the most useful tools I have!
Keep the recipes coming.

Love it! Excellent job. Everything looks so neat and controlled. I have one of those little graters...it came in a Christmas cracker and has to be one of the most useful tools I have!
Keep the recipes coming.
We bought it because it was cute and small we didnt expect it to be much use but it is! We also have a tiny spiraliser, small but mighty :D

We bought it because it was cute and small we didnt expect it to be much use but it is! We also have a tiny spiraliser, small but mighty :D

Have to watch your fingers on the grater :(
I haven't seen the tiny spiraliser....will have to look out for one.
Kitchen gadgets are one of my weaknesses :)

I think it was about ÂŁ3.50 from tesco, you spiralise things like a pencil in a sharpener.

The small graters actual purpose is to grate Megnut. But it works well for other stuff as you show ;-)

Your shoe made the video haha, also someone we may recognise who thought they were photobombing a picture haha made the cut. I'm waiting to see if they notice haha :D
Did notice my shoes - I'll keep out of future shoots!

@MattBW your blog/vlog is a great inspiration altough my cooking skills are below zero and beyond fancy XD
985ecebeb06e98dc0655755398f897d3.jpg

Look forward to some new vids!

A few videos in the pipeline (Jonny from Slidepods cooked a meal from Martin Doreys book just awaiting approval to public the ingredients on the vid before it goes live), did some baking up in scotland on a Cadac with an Omnia and also recipe for capanata plus a new one we tried sweet potato coconut curry with flat bread.

Weather kees stopping filming but we will keep going until they are ready to go :)

The edit machine is in full effect but this one was just a bit of fun. Dodgy camera work, wind and the light going made this rather an experience.

Denmark Part 2 coming in January the promised competition to win a signed copy of Martin's Dorey's Campervan Bible.

If anyone fancies a guest slot or just a recipe you'd like to publish on the site then please share and I'd be happy to feature them.

Latest video is out and the contest to win a signed copy of Martin Dorey's Campervan Bible is open for another 20 days. At last count only 6 entries so far so a very high probability to win.

Part 3 coming soon, and several new recipes and camp cooking hacks to follow.

Sorry to @Kmann for spelling your name wrong, many hours staring at the same footage sent me a little crazy and youtube won't let me replace it with a corrected version ;)

Back