Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping holidays set to return...

Its all about No Deal not Coronavirus, creating a siege mentality, those rotten forriners etc.
The United Kingdom will impose fourteen days of isolation for travelers arriving from abroad.

France counter act saying we will do the same if you do, and you start moaning about
foreigners?

Priti Patel said that 'air bridges' could be agreed with certain countries with a similar or lower Covid-19 infection rate, meaning citizens could travel between each nation without the imposing of self-isolation.

Errmm. That will mean everyone in Europe apart from Spain then.

I can't see it happening.

Just had an email from Comfort Insurance advising the following.

"The National Caravan Council (NCC), the industry body that represents the leisure vehicle industry in the UK is lobbying the government to reopen UK caravan parks as soon as it is safe to do so (private owners and then holidaymakers but without any access to facilities until is it safe) in line with proposals in England no later than 4 July."

Potty and loo tent at the ready?

Wouldn’t using the toilet block on a camp site be just the same as using the toilets at work? Many of us still have to go out to work and we need to use the facilities when we are there. They are being cleaned regularly as usual and there is always lots of anti-bac hand wash available.

This will not help us I fear and get us all tarred with the same brush! Grrrrr........
That Gazebo photo is a set up, pitched against a hose with sand bags weighing it down, that’s not someone camping in sandbanks from outside the area IMO.
That’s the householder surely

Wouldn’t using the toilet block on a camp site be just the same as using the toilets at work? Many of us still have to go out to work and we need to use the facilities when we are there. They are being cleaned regularly as usual and there is always lots of anti-bac hand wash available.
It's a thought but I have spoken to a couple of sites and they are contemplating opening when Gov says OK its "safe" to do so but worry about keeping facilities continually "up to scratch". So to open without facilities being available is potentially an option for some. We shall see.

That Gazebo photo is a set up, pitched against a hose with sand bags weighing it down, that’s not someone camping in sandbanks from outside the area IMO.
That’s the householder surely
Maybe it's a house extension for an extended family! What surprised me was it seems to be a Police Photo.

It’s time to re-open campsites.
People will go regardless...

Let’s be sensible, we can increase social distancing on campsites by limiting numbers and increasing regular cleaning of facilities.

The economy needs a kick start and got to start looking at moving forward for those that can.

Yep tell tbem we are Cumming, bring a 4 year old for cover just in case.

Ive just heard campsites are opening from tonight in the Durham and North York’s Moors areas...

Llyn Gwynant campsite booked ... man i hope this comes off. A week under the stars looking at Mt. Snowdon. The week after the slight relaxation. Seven nights in the Snowdonia national park, legally will sort my my head for sure. My van is packed, my boots are ready, all my fingers are crossed ;-)

The only campsite I could google that had some kind of 'return plan'. I normally rock up in the area and wing it. Might be that this type of action is off limits for the foreseeable times and booking is the only plan. But less volume at the camp suits me just fine ;-) really kinda stoked ...

Back