Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping near to Eurotunnel

We stayed on the car park which was ok - a bit of passing traffic but a good night's sleep. No charge. We were the only ones there but it was November. There is obviously a toilet in the pub but not one outside that I'm aware of. They do also do food for those staying for more than a few hours - not sure of the times, but thanks to the link above from westfalia you can have a look.

We arrived at eurotunnel around 10pm when our train was leaving at 6:30am the next day.
We simply just pulled up in the car park and slept, alongside a few other vans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We arrived at eurotunnel around 10pm when our train was leaving at 6:30am the next day.
We simply just pulled up in the car park and slept, alongside a few other vans.

Interesting.
I wonder if they allow this, but don’t advertise the fact...?

Interesting.
I wonder if they allow this, but don’t advertise the fact...?

I know someone else who’s done it previously too.
Worst case, if they reject you, just head for the nearest service station and pay to park overnight

Blackhorse Farm CAMC Site is just up the road and have pitches for people who need to leave late or early to catch a train or ferry.

Another one for the list. Just outside Ashford

Excellent facilities.
Dedicated late arrivals/early departure area.

We stayed overnight last night in the UK side Eurotunnel car park, no problem. Checked in around 23.30 were offered overnight train no extra, but stuck with our original booking. The terminal with immaculate loos and the Starbucks appears to be open all night. A bit noisy but no problem if you are tired enough!

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
The last couple of trips over.
We have bought a Flexiplus pass ticket. We leave after work/school. Hope to cross by 8:30/9pm. Drive 45mins on the other side and stop for the night. Carrefore carparks or quiet village church carparks have worked for us.

The last couple of trips over.
We have bought a Flexiplus pass ticket. We leave after work/school. Hope to cross by 8:30/9pm. Drive 45mins on the other side and stop for the night. Carrefore carparks or quiet village church carparks have worked for us.
I love the Flexiplus for the way back, it costs about £150 extra but as there’s 5 of us, we make sure we get about £200 in free Macarons!

There is a specific motorhome car park in Cite De Europe just opposite Carrefour. It's less than 10 mins drive to the Eurotunnel. We have overnighted there many times before without issue. You are unlikely to be alone - there are usually several other motorhomes / campers doing the same thing. No facilities although there are toilets in Cite De Europe (2 mins walk) which you can use when it's open as well as restaurants and shops of course.
I thought that they had recently closed / stopped permitting overnights at the Carrefour Coquelles. If someone has stayed there recently I’d be very grateful to hear. It was a very useful stop for us.

It’s just a field with no facilities but this place is OK if you’re stuck for somewhere on the French side. Quite near the tunnel in Sombre (near Wissant). €10 collected by the owner in the evening.
It’s not a level site so depending where you pitch, you might need ramps.

IMG_4906.png

I love the Flexiplus for the way back, it costs about £150 extra but as there’s 5 of us, we make sure we get about £200 in free Macarons!

Couple of year ago, I would have considered someone mad if they’d payed for a flex ticket. But it really takes the stress out of the trips. Especially with the madness of kids school holidays…

Couple of year ago, I would have considered someone mad if they’d payed for a flex ticket. But it really takes the stress out of the trips. Especially with the madness of kids school holidays…
For us it comes into its own on the way back home. It's an 8 hour drive back up from the Alps and it's nice to be able to avoid Cite d'Europe and their 6€ coffees and the whole faff of waiting when you just dying to get back to the M25!!!!

The only thing I found really annoying is that we had to queue up with the 'proletariats' at passport control.

That said, since we have had our camper we haven't used it as we have supplies aboard. But if they just sorted out that passport queue ....... ;) :D

It’s great for reducing the stress driving back, knowing you can get whatever train that suits your arrival.

We used to spend about €60 in Burger King but the kids (and us adults) love packing those little Eurotunnel Tote bags up with food, drinks and treats like it’s a game of Tetris!

And at least £20 worth of Costa Hot Chocolate and Latte’s.

Haven’t been for a couple of years now, is it still the same?

It’s great for reducing the stress driving back, knowing you can get whatever train that suits your arrival.

We used to spend about €60 in Burger King but the kids (and us adults) love packing those little Eurotunnel Tote bags up with food, drinks and treats like it’s a game of Tetris!

And at least £20 worth of Costa Hot Chocolate and Latte’s.

Haven’t been for a couple of years now, is it still the same?

Yep.
I try and cram as many juice drinks into the bag as possible. Keeps me juiced up through the trip ;)
They have also changed the sandwiches to twin packs, finally…

Back