Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping shower

I have a Quechua hand pump shower, excellent bit of kit. Simple system. It’s the best camping show I have used so far. Highly recommended.
Also only uses about the same amount of water as a bowl for a good strip-wash with flannels.

I'd favour a bucket of warm water, a flannel, soap and the privacy of the van. Whilst I'd always prefer a shower a good old wipe down with soapy water and then a rinse with clean water is good enough. I'd guess most of us on this forum spent our childhoods and beyond cleaning ourselves this way as only Sunday was bath day. Or was I deprived?
Anyone call this a “strip wash”?

2 flannels of different colours. One for botty/bits and the other for the rest. These days we also pre-wipe botty/bits with a wet wipe (especially useful for fellas maybe - just sayin’ ;) )
Or dry the bitty/bits at the tab side of the towel. Then you can use the towel for days until it starts to smell. But remember, was it the tab or the other side......

Had 2 X 12 volt showers fail after a few uses, latest is a USB one, advantage over the Colapz is that while unit can be submerged, neatest unit so far.. out of stock at moment so must be popular.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Have there been any reviews on camping showers carried out - nothing jumps out on the forum categories? I looking for an inexpensive 12 volt system m that I could plug in to the 12v socket at the rear of the van to power a small pump with water being fed from a bucket/tank/bottle 9or even stream!) - something suitable for using when not on hook up.

We have one of these and works great:

This is the one I have my eye on for when the van arrives. I've specced the on-board shower for the dogs/beach but if I have to shower 'wild' it'd probably be in a pop up tent so I'd want something that could be used remotely
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CZG9QM7/?tag=eliteelect-21
I’m in a similar to place.... beach owner in need of a shower... I’ve been checking this shower out - did you get yourself one..? had a chance to road test it yet..?

Thanks Ian... they look great. Bit of a leap in tech and price, but I’m sure its worth every penny. Guess its not too bulky..??
well, depends what you mean by bulky. The additional bulk is all really about the tech that gets the water HOT. The kit includes a mini water heater which is about 30cms x 20cms x 10cms and some hoses and a shower head. you also need a some gas. the who lot packs down into a plastic tub that is also a washing up bowl (there is also a tap). here are some photos of my set up in a shed! indoors is the washing up set up, water heater and gas. outside is the shower. water is pulled from a water butt and pumped via a 12v water pump that also comes in the kit. it is pricey, but you get everything you need and it all just clips together. shower heard is magnetic so can easily attach to the van. the parts that look like draining boards are also the crate lids03395509-5A88-4D5C-AE31-B1EE9425A15D_1_105_c.jpegE4C37B90-BF08-4D02-835D-2D1F53507B02_1_105_c.jpegFD5DD3DA-DA20-4597-8A5E-1D80E96C5881_1_105_c.jpeg

FD5DD3DA-DA20-4597-8A5E-1D80E96C5881_1_105_c.jpeg

Thanks Ian - thats very kind. It’s also very tempting.... simple decision - chance it with luke (solar) warm water - or do a ‘proper job’ as you have :) thanks again.

I’m in a similar to place.... beach owner in need of a shower... I’ve been checking this shower out - did you get yourself one..? had a chance to road test it yet..?
Not yet, sorry

i have one of the Joolca Nomad kits which I am pleased with
https://www.joolca.co.uk/

cheers
Ian
Just watched their promo video... I have to say that was very well done

Would be interesting to know if any enterprising soul has gone as far as fitting this in the Cali. Extra points if the built in sink tap and built in shower have hot water, all fed from the existing gas bottle :)

We tried out our Colapz 12v shower and bucket the other day, with water heated in one of those black bag things (bought from Lidl a few years ago). Used a baby bath to stand in, which fits on the back shelf with shoes in when not in use. This was used standing inside the awning, no shower curtains, just a bit of care to only spray it on myself instead of all over the place. It's surprising how little water we needed. A kettle full (with cold added) would be more than enough.
Lakeland do an oven shelf soaking tray which makes a good shower tray and isn’t as high as a baby bath so takes less space.

Neat - good idea! But I've already gone even more streamlined/lightweight, with one of those reinforced plastic sheet squares which fasten together at the corners to form a shallow tray, that gardeners use for potting plants, found one at my uncle's. Just about enough.

We always used to carry one of these, used it as a baby bath for the youngest when camping & just useful to have around for carrying stuff. As they are very flexible they can be squashed easily into whatever shape gap you've got left in the boot.

79794.jpeg

Neat - good idea! But I've already gone even more streamlined/lightweight, with one of those reinforced plastic sheet squares which fasten together at the corners to form a shallow tray, that gardeners use for potting plants, found one at my uncle's. Just about enough.
Never seen one before, but will investigate. Can you lift it to tip the water elsewhere?

Never seen one before, but will investigate. Can you lift it to tip the water elsewhere?
41Q-HH7DOgL._AC_.jpg

Zacro 120cm Foldable Large Dog Pool Pet Dog Cats Paddling Bath Pool Large Bathing Tub for Dogs Cats and Kids (47Inch X 11.8 Inch/120cm x 30cm) £29.
Plenty of these about, folds to quite a small size.

Yes... with care. But we've just bought an awning with a sewn-in groundsheet (previous one didn't have a groundsheet) so might have a bit of mopping-up to do.

41Q-HH7DOgL._AC_.jpg

Zacro 120cm Foldable Large Dog Pool Pet Dog Cats Paddling Bath Pool Large Bathing Tub for Dogs Cats and Kids (47Inch X 11.8 Inch/120cm x 30cm) £29.
Plenty of these about, folds to quite a small size.
Now that's a good idea!