Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

camping table attached to kitchen unit?

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
The technical manual reads "The camping table can also be attached to the
kitchen unit using a hook and thus set up securely inside the vehicle." - what is meant by this?

There are 2 different configurations.
No 1. The sliding table can be slid along and attached to the headrest using the provided strap
To create more worktop.
No2.on earlier models you will find 2 unfolding clips on the underside of the table in the door
These fit in the groove on the sink allowing you to use the table indoors.
I hope I have made sense

So I understand that the camping table out of the sliding door, can be put in the same position where the table from the kitchen unit would be when positioned? What would be the advantage of this configuration??

It just gives you a larger table :thumb

So that would be great! I will try that soon! Thanks, I learned something new today!

Calikev said:
It just gives you a larger table :thumb

Also more stable than the single leg of the sliding table.... Better when the kids are drawing on it or indeed when the dog pushes the leg!!!! (Bitter experience and chilli all over the inside of the van! :) )

I just figured this out, and with two kids this makes a lot of sense

IMG_20200730_181532.jpg

I'm embarrassed to say, that althouth having had a Cali since 2012, I never knew this. Is it possible to do this on the T6.1?

I don't know, I have a T5... You need the "hooks" that grab into the kitchen.

IMG_20200730_185621.jpg

I'm embarrassed to say, that althouth having had a Cali since 2012, I never knew this. Is it possible to do this on the T6.1?
The table legs are shorter on T6 oceans & the clips are missing. Nothing to stop you using it with all 4legs on the floor though.