Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite protocol

A

Anonymous

Guest User
Pick up my Cali Burger next week and planning our first weekend away in Jan, dont laugh but we have not camped before so this is a whole heap new experience for us and the family. any dos or donts at the campsite? what is a privacy cubicle? does this mean some toliets dont have cubicles? do i have to clean my teeth with the chavs watching me?

Privacy cubicles are great but not that many sites have them. They have a shower, toilet and sink in them.
Most sites will have communal sinks with separate shower and toilet cubicles.
I prefer it when the toilets are in a different block altogether for obvious reasons!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I try and do my teeth in the Cali if the toilet block looks dodgey :laugh2 :laugh2
I also have a small toilet for the middle of the night :thumb for no1's only :thumb

cheers people, i have alot to learn so expect many questions from me. i have just told mrs insomnia she has to clean her teeth in public she thinks i am joking haha. she prefers 5star hotels so i might be camping on my jacks

Insomnia said:
Pick up my Cali Burger next week and planning our first weekend away in Jan, dont laugh but we have not camped before so this is a whole heap new experience for us and the family. any dos or donts at the campsite? what is a privacy cubicle? does this mean some toliets dont have cubicles? do i have to clean my teeth with the chavs watching me?

You spent big on a cali and have never been camping. Omg. What if you all hate it?

I know it's a gamble but I thought I needed to get out into the country more i have spent
Too much time indoors. Like andy says I could sell it if I don't get on :evil:

Tell your better half to take a pair of crocs to wear in the shower, and a good wash bag that you can hang up, as I find that there's usually never enough hooks provided in the cubicles. It's perfectly acceptable (I think?!) to wander to the toilet block in your jimjams and a fleece, and if the facilities look dodgy you could always use dry shampoo, baby wipes and brush your teeth in the van.

Oh and you might need 20p pieces for any site hairdryers.

You'll love it - especially the sense of freedom and relaxation you feel as soon as you pitch up and open the wine and beers :thumb

Hope that helps a bit,

Eleanor

Thanks mrs Shambly. Good advise there we wear crocs most of the time so ideal.
What's dry shampoo havnt heard of that :?: I won't need the hairdryers :laugh2

Are "onesies" acceptable wear on a campsite?

I always try to keep up with modern trends!!!! :p

The mrs has a onesie I will borrow hers. i imagine they are a good idea for winter camping especially upstairs .

Here's an idea, how about ordering bright blue "onesies" with club logo's on the breast, these would look cool at the next meeting! :laugh2

I went into the ladies but made a hasty retreat after seeing two ladies in there! LOL. I did not see the actual toilet.

I shall inspect the ladies again after breakfast, if the rain stops.

Back