Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Good campsite for Grand Cali 600 first outing - starting from New Forest

Z

Zoe

Vehicle
Grand California 600
We pick up our Grand California tomorrow and plan to take it away for a few days from Monday. We are camper van virgins (yes I know we should have rented one first) and have only camped a couple of times. We are happy to drive up to 3 hours and would like a campsite that is walkable to a pub / shop. I realise we will be 'all the gear and no idea' so wifi or good signal would be good for when we get stuck on how to do something. Thanks in advance for any input

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We pick up our Grand California tomorrow and plan to take it away for a few days from Monday. We are camper van virgins (yes I know we should have rented one first) and have only camped a couple of times. We are happy to drive up to 3 hours and would like a campsite that is walkable to a pub / shop. I realise we will be 'all the gear and no idea' so wifi or good signal would be good for when we get stuck on how to do something. Thanks in advance for any input
Cirencester CMC site is a good starter, easy walk into town.

Billylou

Billylou

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Red Shoot would be a good place to start. Good walks, the Red Shoot pub (on site) and good location.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were already in the New Forest.

Jester

Jester

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi you could try a lovely campsite at Burton Bradstock, short walk along the riverbank to the pub 1 with big garden easy walk to West Bay also Hive beach Cafe, it’s more than a cafe really and it’s on the beach.

Ch1pbutty

Ch1pbutty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Camped in the Freshwater Beach Holiday Park alot over the years, when my parents had use of a static van there.

Nice walk along the beach (or over the golf course) to West Bay. Or follow footpath to Burton Bradstock. Go the other way over the cliffs to the Hive cafe. Lots of nice walks / bike rides to good pubs, excellent seafood. Bridport also nice for a wander.

Nice spot for paddle boarding.

Loz

Loz

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Tudor Caravan Park in Slimbridge Glos. (where was have club meets) is a good starter site as it's close to Attwools camping leisure store for all the bits you forgot you needed and loads you dont.

VW California Club