Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsites reopening experiences?

Hi CoboCali, could you explain a bit more about the coloured wrist band system, much appreciated. Pleased you had an OK time away

View attachment 62288

Blimey. So apparently we do need to use the facilities to clean our teeth. Bollox. All these years doing it in the van.
All these years and it's the first time we've ever had a "deluxe" van with a sink (Cali owner for 18 mnths), but I've still never used the facilities for teeth cleaning. My hubby does though, and I've worked out why. Going to the "ablutions" (although more than half our camping is without) gives him some solace. I totally get it, being holed up in a tin box with me, even for an overnighter, is enough to drive anyone stir crazy!

Hi CoboCali, could you explain a bit more about the coloured wrist band system, much appreciated. Pleased you had an OK time away
Hi +homerorchid. I believe C&MHC have rolled the same system out countrywide for their sites. you are provided with a wristband each when you arrive at site in a welcome pack. Outside the gents and ladies facilities are 3 pegs on the wall. If all three pegs are taken then you must wait for someone to come out, before entering the facility. If there is a spare peg you place your own wristband on the peg and enter - not forgetting to collect it again as you leave. The process seemed to be respected and work ok from what we could see. The most I saw outside the gents was a queue of two, but they didn't wait more than a few mins.

Hi +homerorchid. I believe C&MHC have rolled the same system out countrywide for their sites. you are provided with a wristband each when you arrive at site in a welcome pack. Outside the gents and ladies facilities are 3 pegs on the wall. If all three pegs are taken then you must wait for someone to come out, before entering the facility. If there is a spare peg you place your own wristband on the peg and enter - not forgetting to collect it again as you leave. The process seemed to be respected and work ok from what we could see. The most I saw outside the gents was a queue of two, but they didn't wait more than a few mins.
Slightly different system at Black Knowl. Pot of Milton fluid with wristbands. Take one as you go in, and put it back in the pot when you leave. If you arrive and there’s no bands, then wait until someone comes out.

Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on the toilet block info, CoboCali & Georgie girl (mad times) very much appreciated

Stayed as Karrageen, south Devon, Saturday and Sunday nights. Friendly family run show. Spacious pitches, very clean facilities. Abacus system to coordinate max of 6 in gents and 8 in ladies any one time. Didn’t need to queue once despite campsite being at full capacity. Beautiful spot between Hope cove and Bolberry Down with easy access to SW coast path. But shhh.... don’t tell everyone

Stayed as Karrageen, south Devon, Saturday and Sunday nights. Friendly family run show. Spacious pitches, very clean facilities. Abacus system to coordinate max of 6 in gents and 8 in ladies any one time. Didn’t need to queue once despite campsite being at full capacity. Beautiful spot between Hope cove and Bolberry Down with easy access to SW coast path. But shhh.... don’t tell everyone
Glad to hear it‘s all good, you’ll find me there for 4 nights next week. One of our favourites......if I could delete your post I would........

Just back from CMHC Certified Location at Old School House, Broughton-in-Furness. Lovely site. Great walks nearby. Only accepts 4 units at a time. Picnic table and grassy area for three of the pitches, ours also had a camp-fire hearth which we used (firewood £4.50 for a large bagful). No showers but does have a WC. Lots of soap / hand-sanitiser and disinfectant spray. Taps etc. regularly cleaned by owner and visitors encouraged to do the same after each use. Felt very safe.

We stayed last weekend at Cirencester CCMH site. They had over 190 arrivals that day....thats a lot of happy campers! It meant you had to have a very specific check in time and due to lots of roadworks on the M4 we only just made our 4pm slot. Only disappointment was that everywhere in the town appeared to be shutting for 4pm and no walking the Bathurst estate as restricted hours. Did not queue once and they were frantically cleaning all over constantly. Everyone very respectful eg if someone at bins then waiting. 6m between pitches. Just glad to be in the Cali somehow sleeping on the drive is just not the same. Woke up to sunshine and a great number of bunnies!

We are going to a C&MH Club Site for a week on Tuesday. Now some sites have reopened
just wondering, for those who have gone away in their Cali's (to a site), what have been your experiences, good and bad, any advice, tips etc
Turned out to be rather wet n windy in Alfriston but everyone distancing and loos clean and sanitised so no worries
3EC6294B-23C3-4EE3-8C57-36851F72A093.jpeg

Be prepared to queue! We queued for for 15 minutes just to clean our teeth this morning, the same as going for a pee. So far not an enjoyable experience and I can only see it getting worse as sites get busier
Well serve you right for buying an over priced camper van sold my Cali and bought a Motorhome can have a wee and clean my teeth when ever I like

At Yellowcraig , weather awesome and lively sea swim this morning. Facilities not open until next week but all set up and looks well organised. About 1/3 full tonight, loads of families and kids on bikes etc - great fun and everyone very respectful and careful.

Very surprised by the teeth cleaning regimes described here. I would have thought best practice when camping would be leave no trace behind where possible. I would suggest that any 'grey' water should be disposed of either through a waste water point or a sink drain. What happens when you leave your pitch and the next happy campers children or dogs are playing around the tree or their ball rolls through your waste. Is your spit Covid 19 free?

Over the past week we are seeing a lot of people ( well men ) urinating behind their campervans and tents thinking people can't see them. Not nice at all for next people to use the pitch

Over the past week we are seeing a lot of people ( well men ) urinating behind their campervans and tents thinking people can't see them. Not nice at all for next people to use the pitch

I’d be making it clear to them that they can be seen. Not very pleasant but necessary. At the least make a report to the campsite owners with pitch number.

Mike

Freedom at last. Released from the Welsh 5 mile restriction, so a few days camping near the Tarka Trail.
Damage Barton, C&MH - C& CC associate site. Working farm, footpaths to a little cove over the 600acres of the farm . North of Woolacambe Bay.
All facilities open, apart fro alternate urinals in the Gents. Hand Sanitisers everywhere. Masks in Reception and Shop only. Most of the rigs are caravans and Motorhomes using their own kit. We have our toilet tent but have yet to meet anyone in the Toilet Blocks,
99D56D4C-7BA7-4985-873A-7A9F600F2EEA.jpeg

Freedom at last. Released from the Welsh 5 mile restriction, so a few days camping near the Tarka Trail.
Damage Barton, C&MH - C& CC associate site. Working farm, footpaths to a little cove over the 600acres of the farm . North of Woolacambe Bay.
All facilities open, apart fro alternate urinals in the Gents. Hand Sanitisers everywhere. Masks in Reception and Shop only. Most of the rigs are caravans and Motorhomes using their own kit. We have our toilet tent but have yet to meet anyone in the Toilet Blocks,
View attachment 62747
Nice site that. Can be a bit windy, but a lovely neck of the woods and a good Long stroll into Woolacombe.

Nice site that. Can be a bit windy, but a lovely neck of the woods and a good Long stroll into Woolacombe.
Yes we liked Damage Barton aswell and can recommend to explore the area. Lovely owners and good selection from the on site shop.

nice walk into Mortehoe and few beers and a burger at the Ship Aground pub.

View attachment 62747
Lovely picture that WelshGas!
Hope you have a great time.

We stayed at Trevalgan TouringPark St Ives last week and returned this week for a few more days. Very well organised, quite a few large Motorhomes and caravans here so I guess they are using their own onboard facilities. Immaculately clean on site and no queuing for facilities at all, about 70% full here. St Ives is noticeably busier than last week though unfortunately.